United Way of Greater Nashville
Manager, Data & Referrals
United Way of Greater Nashville
Position Summary: The Manager, Data & Referrals contributes to the efforts of United Way of Greater Nashville (UWGN) by supporting data and referrals within The Family Collective (TFC). TFC is an initiative of the United Way of Greater Nashville, dedicated to solving the problem of family homelessness in our community. The Data & Referrals Coordinator will provide database support to partner agencies and assist with database administration, reporting, and integration projects. The Data & Referrals Coordinator will also use up-to-date data about services and network capacity to assist families and service providers in obtaining services from appropriate partner(s) in the TFC network. The Data & Referrals Coordinator helps to ensure effective data infrastructure to facilitate collaboration, provide effective two-generation coaching/case-management to families, and use data to tell the story of work helping families thrive.
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
- Provide first-level support to CI staff and partner agencies with common database issues (e.g., locked accounts, data entry questions).
- Help manage basic database administrative functions including account maintenance, setting up users, adding new field options or custom fields, and other routine tasks in Salesforce.
- Help train and orient new staff to data system.
- Maintain reference guides and other resources for users and partners.
- Combine existing system documentation used in development into a user-friendly TFC data dictionary and update as needed.
- Assist with data reporting requirements, such as exporting reports for funders, partner agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Maintain regular backups of data.
- Help users to develop or fine-tune reports and dashboards so they yield meaningful metrics.
- Help enter relevant data from The Family Collective into Nashville’s HMIS system. When TFC-HMIS integration project is completed, help to ensure accuracy by regularly spot-checking data and identifying any gaps.
- Coordinate relationship with database vendors, e.g., user licenses, managing support tickets, etc.
- Use current data around service and capacity to direct families and service providers to appropriate TFC-funded resources.
- Strong technology skills and interests
- Salesforce experience or ability and desire to learn basic Salesforce administrative tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Mission Driven: Focuses on needs and aspirations of the community by telling the “United Way story” to help others understand the importance of volunteering, advocating, and giving as well as encourage client participation in the areas of Education, Financial Stability, and Health programs. This is in order to create a community where individuals, families and neighborhoods thrive.
- Relationship Management: Builds relationships with all CI staff. external funders, corporate partners, individual donors, community members, vendors, and organization stakeholders in efforts to grow and sustain funding; demonstrates credibility in all interactions and demonstrates the ability to effectively build a network of contacts
- Effective Communication: Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and technological means; actively listening and expressing oneself clearly, to ensure those that need specific information acquire it and to prevent extra work from being performed because of lack of departmental communication
- Outcome Motivated: Creates and maintains high performance standards that fulfill UWGN administrative needs so that CI team can focus on activities that lead to the acts of volunteering, advocating, and giving as well as client participation in the areas of Education, Financial Stability, and Health programs
- Brand Advocate: Conducts oneself in a manner that promotes integrity, trust, and strong ethics, in order to protect the reputation and results of UWGN.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas; ensures all information is concise, complete, and accurate; follows detailed procedures; organizes, monitors, and maintains all system processes carefully
- Ability to Multi-task: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; requires knowledge of time management and setting priorities
- Problem Solving/Critical Thinking: Differentiates between when supervisory input is needed and when it is not; identifies opportunities and develops plans to execute; Identifies problems, gathers facts and appropriate resources to resolve issues
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and collaboratively with others to achieve collective goal; shows commitment to the teams’ purpose and goals by providing members critical information that helps drive success; works effectively with different personalities across a variety of social and professional situations
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
- Employee spends a majority of time seated; working at a desk in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
United Way of Greater Nashville has competitive salaries and benefits.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://www.unitedwaygreaternashville.org/careers/
- Date Posted: September 30, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 10/24/2022
- Working Hours: M - F, ; 8:00-4:30