YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
Senior Manager of Donor Services
YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
We are actively searching for a Senior Manager of Donor Services to add to our team! The responsibilities are varied, and you will be working with multiple associations and staff members.
If you have experience working with leadership, donors, and development, are an amazing multi-tasker, thrive while working independently, learn new programs quickly, are ridiculously organized, and would list strategizing and implementing programs for member and revenue growth as some of your best skills, we want to hear from you!
As an integral part of the fundraising team, the Senior Manager of Donor Services will cultivate, steward, and expand the relationships between the organization and its donors at all levels, by providing extraordinary service to donors, managing donor acknowledgement in a timely manner, and by maintaining and managing donor information. This role manages the daily operation of the Raiser’s Edge (RE) database, ensuring accuracy and integrity, technology management, and end-user training and support of the database, manages gift processing and acknowledgement processes, and communication avenues with donors. Managing the interface between finance and development, donor acknowledgement, donor communication and gift processes fall under the purview of this position. This job is a remote position with some periodic in office meetings and responsibilities.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Initiates and maintains professional working relationships with staff throughout the organization including peers, immediate supervisor, Leadership and Executive Leadership teams.
Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains professional working relationships with existing donors & sponsors, event vendors and agency partners.
- Manages and directs the donor records process for the YWCA.
- Manages Raiser’s Edge as a strategic resource in the implementation of development functions within the organization and serve as agency expert.
- Participates in development of best practices and documentation and staff training in maintaining accurate database records.
- Manages the gift acknowledgment process to ensure a high level of accuracy and donor satisfaction.
- Ensures a high level of accuracy of all constituent data including constituent demographics and relationship links.
- Develops and implements systems to capture donor self-reported information.
- Creates donor recognition portion of annual report for stewardship of donors and insures its distribution
- Manages receivables of new and existing pledges, to include implementing pledge reminders and recurring gift renewals,
- Trains organization on database platform. Monitors system ensuring proper performance and established best practice procedures as needed RE.
- Creates and distributes donor lists and customized reports on donor data.
- Collaborate with development leadership by providing data for developing long-term strategy for prospect identification and development.
- Creates reports needed to analyze development functions including events, annual giving, and major gift activities as requested by CDO, SDG and SDM.
- Maintains confidentiality and exerts a high level of judgment and discretion.
- Manages interface with finance department to insure accurate donor contributions
- Manages the Relationship Management System to support the YWCA’s major gift program.
- Maintains the prospect management system and creates reports to support major gift activity
- Assists Chief Development Officer and Sr. Director of Giving with Fulcrum Society
- Keeps Fulcrum Society lists up to date
- Creates welcome letters for Sr. Director of Giving to new members
- Sends pledge and renewal reminders
- Assists with Fulcrum Society events such as production of name tags, mailing list for invitations, etc.
- Assists with Gertrude Caldwell Legacy Society
- Maintains records of legacy commitments
- Creates prospect list reports
- Assists with Legacy Society event(s)
- Oversees database management for events.
- Manages online event registration/ticket sales and integration of data with RE, and communication with event attendees.
- Directs on-site registration.
- Develops seating charts
- Ensures collection of funds after events in coordination with Sr. Director of Development and CDO.
- Builds and administers constituent mailing lists for key department activities including donor communications, and surveys. Presents analysis and recommendations for improvements.
- Works closely with the Development and Event Specialist and supervises that position’s work on the database, gift processes including records and acknowledgment
- Provides reports and mailing lists for direct mail campaigns, including appeal letters, event invitations, annual reports, and year-end mailings.
- Conducts research and prospects for new donors identifying opportunities to increase donations from existing donors, utilizing the prospect management system.
- Develops and designs weekly, monthly and annual reports, as well as, special reports as appropriate within Raiser’s Edge. Conducts analysis of data and identifies segments that align with targeted marketing efforts.
- Attends YWCA meetings and represent agency in community, as appropriate.
- Works in conjunction with Director of Communications to maintain website content as it applies to event pages and online donation page.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Requires a bachelor’s degree with three or more years of experience with database software management preferably in a non-profit setting, Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
- Job performance will require the ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time
- Requires visual acuity to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of assigned work.
- Ability to work more than a 40-hour week when necessary.
- Good auditory and visual skills
Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Computer literate/mastery of Raiser’s Edge technology and other database software programs
- Attention to and excellent management of details as primary skill
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Goal oriented with the ability to work as a part of the team and independently
- Customer service focused
- High follow through
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
The YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-Will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the Senior Manager of Donor Services position with YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee. Please use this link to apply:https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=87124&clientkey=75324105F162349CC419382B93E8056D
- Date Posted: June 16, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 06/15/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs./wk, M-F