Sexual Assault Center
Statewide Training Specialist
Sexual Assault Center
The Statewide Training Specialist position supports the VOCA Statewide Training Grant. The position assists the Training Director in meeting the goals of the grants through providing training and technical assistance for victim service providers with an emphasis on VOCA funded dual domestic and sexual violence programs and sexual assault programs statewide. Program goal is to expand the capacity of professionals to respond to and support victim/survivors of sexual violence.
- Provide training sessions to professionals throughout Tennessee including but not limited to coordination of details for training sessions, preparing, and assembling training materials for participants, dynamic facilitation of training content, and survey data collection.
- Work collaboratively with team members to develop and modify training curriculum and training materials.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of annual Statewide Sexual Assault Training Conference.
- Meet administrative/clerical needs including but not limited to setting up meetings, correspondence with participants, developing and updating SAC training materials, and participating in team meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 15% travel is required (this may increase)
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in social services, community engagement, education, or related field.
- Familiarity with sexual assault dynamics, trauma informed response, and treatment considerations.
- Experience working with sexual assault victims/survivors and/or systems/organizations working on behalf of sexual assault victims/survivors required.
- Experience working within diverse communities required.
SAC reserves the right waive any of the above educational requirements and qualifications dependent on work experience and other qualifying factors.
- Ability to effectively communicate with community partners from multiple disciplines to build and maintain meaningful relationships and partnerships.
- Must be proactive, enthusiastic, organized, and detail oriented.
- Ability to manage all aspects of a fluid training project.
- Model trauma-informed approach and cultural humility related to client care and team and organizational wellness.
- Capacity to identify and respond to shifting priorities.
- Ability to be flexible and keep up with changing the scope of projects.
- Skilled at meeting facilitation, public speaking, and excellent customer service skills.
- Capability to utilize good judgement to navigate uncertainty and conflict.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
SAC offers paid holidays, PTO, health, dental, and vision insurance, and 401k.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Dr. Kay J. Morgan, VP of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: June 14, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 40,000 - 45,000
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week