Zero Suicide Director
Full Time, Grant funded position; Remote or central office based
- Assist with the recruitment of businesses or organizations from rural areas in Tennessee to participate in Be the One Training.
- Outreach and recruit organizations to implement the Zero Suicide Initiative.
- Provide technical assistance and support to organizations implementing the Zero Suicide Initiative.
- Promote education about mental health and substance abuse parity.
- Promote regional suicide prevention activities.
- Provide training in modalities such as QPR, ASSIST, Safe Talk and MHFA.
- Coordinate gatekeeper and lethality assessment training using curricula supported by TSPN.
- Service as the point of contact to provide general information and education on the Zero Suicide Initiative.
- Prepare reports as necessary and required by the grant and as assigned by supervisors.
- Participate in new directives and initiatives as directed by supervisors.
- Accurately and efficiently record and store data and report all outcomes.
- Analyze data and report trends and community participation and coordination needs.
- Provide training and information at public events that promote the goals of zero suicide prevention.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Collaborate with other organizations, councils, coalitions, and other stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in social service or related field. A Master’s degree in a social service or related field with five or more years of experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability for organization management and administration
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Demonstrated skills in oral, written and interpersonal communications, including strong computer skills
- Experience in training on the topic of suicide prevention.
- Experience in developing and facilitating training curriculum
- Demonstrated ability to gather and disseminate information
- Respect and honor cultural and human diversity
These qualifications express the minimum standards for education and experience. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may qualify an applicant for consideration.
Medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance available. 401k 13 paid holidays per year and generous PTO accural.
How to Apply
Email resume to Venlow@tspn.org
- Date Posted: October 24, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 45 - 55k
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; M-F