Civic Design Center
Youth Programs Coordinator
Civic Design Center
This is a part-time, temporary position that will carry out components of Design Your Neighborhood programming for the Spring 2023 semester. Design Your Neighborhood is a middle school project-based learning curriculum that incorporates community partnerships to help student designs come to life in their neighborhoods.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate schedules and resource distribution for classroom volunteers, teachers, and community partners.
- Plan end of year student artwork showcase in collaboration with community partners and Communications Manager. This will involve strategizing creative ways to get students, their families, and the broader community to engage with the artwork and organizing event logistics.
- Plan student paint days at schools. This will involve collaborating with Civic Design Center design staff to organize paint day logistics.
- Assist with teacher trainings.
- Keep the Design Your Neighborhood website updated.
The Youth Programs Coordinator will supervise volunteers and Interns at the end of year event and the student paint days.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily, including meeting the required competencies. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Organized – ability to remain organized and stay within budget when working with multiple partners and program details.
- Communication – ability to maintain strong communication among program partners.
- Detail-oriented – ability to give attention to the details when organizing events and communicating to program partners.
- Relational and empathetic – ability to build relationships with teachers and school staff, recognize the challenges they’re facing, and adjust programming accordingly.
Education and/or Experience:
A minimum of two years of experience working with students in a school is required. Experience organizing events is preferred.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of teachers and school staff. Fluency in Spanish or Arabic is a plus.
This is a part-time (15-20 hours/week), temporary position with an hourly range of $22-25, depending on experience. The duration will be February – May 2023. Due to the part-time nature of this position, this role is not eligible for benefits. However, an $80/month travel stipend will be provided.
How to Apply
Visit our website and fill out this application: https://www.civicdesigncenter.org/join-our-team/careers
- Date Posted: November 29, 2022
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 02/01/2023
- Salary Range: $22-$25/ hour
- Working Hours: 15-20 hrs/ week