Read To Succeed, Inc.
Youth & Family Literacy Coordinator
Read To Succeed, Inc.
PART-TIME IN MURFREESBORO, TN. 20-25 SET HOURS PER WEEK
Read To Succeed is looking for an experienced part-time Youth & Family Literacy Coordinator to work in our office in Murfreesboro, TN. As the Youth & Family Literacy Coordinator, you will be responsible for collaborating and planning all family literacy program components and events. The Youth & Family Literacy Coordinator also participates in all special events, including community outreach and fundraising events.
- Coordinate Family Literacy events, including but not limited to Imagination Stations, Family Literacy Nights, and Adolescent Literacy Book Clubs.
- Collaborate with Middle Tennessee State University, Lipscomb University, Trevecca University, Murfreesboro City Schools, Rutherford County Schools, Mid-Cumberland Head Start, and others as needed to plan literacy events that take place in the schools.
- Assist in the creation and planning of community events promoting literacy. Some of these have been: Reading In The Schools Day, Reading Rally, One Book, UnPlug & Read!, Volunteer Luncheon, Essay Contests, Literacy Day, Read To Bee, RuCo Reading Invasion.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all collaborators: university partners, food vendors, book distributors, literacy partners, etc.
- Process, organize and distribute books received through purchases and community donations.
- Participate in fundraising and solicitation of in-kind donations for events.
- Produce press releases, flyers, and other promotional materials as needed for family literacy events. Working with the Media & Events Coordinator.
- Maintain data, and reports, such as grant reports (interim, final, as required), monthly reports for the ED to present to the Board of Directors, RTS fiscal quarterly reports, and annual reports.
- Attend council meetings and Board of Directors (per request from ED) to report on Family Literacy Events.
- Assist in locating and securing funding sources to support the program (i.e. grants) as well as assisting in funding presentations and follow-up reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree preferred
Passion for literacy and the community.
Able to work independently with flexible hours.
Provide own transportation and vehicle.
Computer Skills (preferred, but not required); Excel, Word, DropBox, etc.
Salary commensurate with experience and working hours will be set at 20-25 weekly.
One week vacation after one year, two weeks after two years.
How to Apply
To apply, send an email with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: May 4, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 06/01/2021
- Salary Range: $20,400-$20,800
- Working Hours: 20-25 set hours M-Th