The Next Door
Young Professional Board Member
The Next Door
Structure of the YP Board: Launched in 2017, the Next Generation Board is a sub-committee of the main Board of Directors of The Next Door.
- To recruit more advocates of TND – to “show up and speak up” on behalf of the organization.
- To expose young professionals to the inner-workings of a nonprofit organization, especially in regard to publicity and fundraising endeavors.
- To make introductions of other young professionals, new corporations and personal or professional contacts who can begin supporting The Next Door.
- To have a presence at various events put on by TND (panel discussions, staff celebrations, Fall Benefit, Top Golf tournament, monthly Tea at TND, etc.)
- To spearhead and take ownership of a unique fundraising event each year to sustain annual programmatic operations and staffing.
- While they do not have formal voting/decision-making authority on behalf of the organization, this group does take the lead on planning one fundraising event per year as well as engages in regular service through various topical committees.
- Attend 6-8 meetings, on the off months of the main Board meetings, to receive progress reports and other updates affecting The Next Door’s operations.
- Serve on one of 5 topical committees where they have the most interest/expertise: Service, Staff Appreciation, Legal Clinic, Fundraising/Event Planning or Marketing/PR.
- Chaired / led by young professionals (TND volunteers) with support from TND Board members and development staff.
- 30 leaders or less, men or women, targeting those under age 35.
- 2-year term commitment, with a yearly evaluation and opportunity to extend term.
Meetings will take place 6-8 times a year on Tuesday nights from 6:00-7:30 pm. Meetings will be in person at The Next Door. Applications are due by December 10, 2022 at 11:59 pm. Late applicants will not be considered. Please email Development Manager, Mary Spencer Veazey, at email@example.com with any questions!
How to Apply
Fill out the Google Form here.
- Date Posted: December 1, 2022
- Type: Board Member
- Service Area: Community Development