Weekend Overnight Residential Counselor
Part Time Overnight Residential Counselor (Friday 11pm-9am, Saturday 10pm-8am)
To provide overnight awake supervision and case management services to clients.
- Provide awake coverage. Perform bed checks once every hour.
- Wash, dry, and put away linens in the laundry room. Stock empty bedrooms with fresh linens for the next resident.
- Print copies for all necessary documents for the main office.
- Perform the second audit of closed resident files.
- Provide supervision for shelter residents. Coordinate and supervise activities when appropriate or assigned.
- Provide intake and assessment services to youth and families referred to the shelter program.
- Facilitate the referral process for potential clients.
- Document client interaction in a consistent and ethical manner.
- Provide crisis counseling services through the agency coverage system.
- Provide liaison and referral services with appropriate mental health centers, courts, physicians, school systems, Department of Children’s Services and others as needed.
- Driver’s license
- Must pass a TBI background check
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
- Strong capacity to form meaningful, caring, and affirming relationships with all young people, including LGBTQ+ youth.
- Clear understanding of racial inequities and other forms of discrimination and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
- Knowledge and ability to access community resources.
- Knowledge and ability to apply crisis intervention theory.
- Bachelor’s Degree
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Corey Alexander @email@example.com
- Date Posted: April 27, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 15K- 18K