Scarritt Bennett Center
Wedding and Special Events Manager
Scarritt Bennett Center
The Wedding and Special Events Sales Manager will assist the organization in achieving its plans for growth through alignment with Scarritt Bennett Center’s mission and core values by assessing the needs of the client and providing guidance to help craft detailed event plans like weddings, to ensure a successful and enjoyable experience. The manager requires experience in event planning, coordination and implementation. Focus is on sales activities connected to event inquiries, serving as liaison between the client and facility. A manager in this position is expected to relate well to business vendors such as florist, photographers, rental companies, etc. as well as internal staff. This position requires an understanding of wedding protocol, the food and beverage industry, as well as the methodology of hospitable service. The manager works under the supervision of the Director of Sales, Marketing & Development and in partnership with other staff to set the objectives and strategy and ensure the organization meets and/or exceeds revenue and event goals. The ideal candidate will have excellent project management, event logistics, and customer service skills.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing relationships and keeping up with the trends in the following markets: Special Events, Weddings, Hospitality, Banquets & Receptions.
- Assist with planning, implementation and execution of all special events and weddings, internal and external which may include styling, menu planning and pricing, rental orders, etc. as well as works with the executive chef with creation/pricing of all yearly SBC menus.
- Answer phone, email and walk-in inquiries, conducts site tours, and submits event proposals to clients.
- Meet with clients and vendors as appropriate to obtain and review final event orders and timelines
- Enters reservation data into Maestro Hospitality System including service orders for set up, food, event space, etc. and generate contracts, obtain and process payments, keeping logs of client communications, follows event from conception to completion.
- Communicates effectively with management and staff to ensure orders are fulfilled for a successful event.
- Network with area professionals at association events (such as TWESA) and attend off-site open houses to stay connected with current trends.
- Assist the Marketing Manager in developing the department’s print and digital marketing materials.
- Assist in the styling, setting up, working booth for Expos, as well as communicating requests for keeping information updated and relevant.
- Collaborate with Sales Coordinator to ensure wedding and special event booking details are in line with overall department goals and objectives.
- Execute wedding and special event contracts, and assemble sales kits for potential clients
- Manage the implementation of event sales calendar, monitoring progress of wedding and event sales to reach goals.
- Work strategically with other departments to create fresh sales objectives to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Enters reservation data into Maestro system including service orders for set up, food, event space, etc. and generates contract, obtains and processes payments, and keeps logs of client communication, following the events from conception to completion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum of 3 years of sales, hospitality, event planning, or marketing experience
- Knowledge of Maestro PMS software
- Must be willing to work weekends, as this position involves working a majority of wedding and special events that occur on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Must have strong attention to detail, proofreading skills, and high work-ethic
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated
- Collaborative spirit, works well on teams and ability to work across departments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must excel in multi-tasking and problem solving
- Ability to work on multiple deadline-driven projects simultaneously
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting/banquet rooms, etc. and use of safe work practices. Avoiding falls and health regulations is critical. Work is not sedentary. Must have physical ability to lift items up to 25 lbs, walk, stand, bend, carry and operate light equipment.
Benefits & Salary
Full time employees receive a complete benefits package, including health, vision, dental, life and pension programs.
Salary is commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
How to Apply
Email Resume and Cover Letter to:
Director, Sales, Marketing & Development
No phone calls.
- Date Posted: August 26, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 09/19/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; M-F with weekends