Watersports Program Assistant
General Position Summary
Are you passionate about serving underprivileged people groups? Do you want your daily job to make a significant, tangible impact on the lives of an entire community, and eventually a city or multiple cities? Do you want to play a pivotal role in the sustainable growth of young, unique nonprofit that is like no other program in the region?
Water Walkers, a 501(c)3 non-profit based in Nashville, Tennessee, is seeking a dedicated fundraising staff member to help expand its mission of providing a watersports-based youth education and mentoring program in the underserved and vulnerable Edgehill neighborhood.
Water Walkers is looking for a passionate and water-loving Program Assistant. The Program Assistant will help the team function throughout our days on the lake. These tasks may include assisting with beginning of day boat prep, driving a boat, setting up our watersports gear, helping to facilitate games and activities in the water, assisting with swimming instruction, playing with kids, helping to serve meals or snacks, end of day clean up, and other tasks that come up throughout the day. This job is fun, but also very physically demanding and can be tiring as you’re moving most of the day and in the sun and heat.
The ideal candidate will have a few years of boat driving experience, knowledge of watersports, a high-level of energy and enthusiasm, week day availability, reliable transportation, and be able to pass a background check.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Passion for and commitment to the mission of Water Walkers
- Responsible and reliable
- Strong swimming ability
- Valid Driver’s License
- Passed Boater’s Safety Course
- Flexible schedule to accommodate for weather cancellations
- The ability to work two week days per week
- Able to work a six hour shift in the heat and sun
- Experience or passion for working with kids
- Must be able to pass a background check
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in watersports and other adventure sports
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
- Minimum 2-3 years experience driving boats
- Ability to tie basic knots
- Candidate will have the opportunity to work and play on the lake while making a positive difference in the lives of Nashville kids and families.
- Candidate will have the opportunity to work for a small, agile, grassroots nonprofit where everyone wears many hats, taking ownership of their own projects and seeing them through to completion.
- No health or medical benefits are available through Water Walkers.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Watersports Program Assistant” in the subject line.
- Date Posted: May 25, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 15.00