The Family Center
VP, Development & Marketing
The Family Center
Do you: embrace intellectual & social curiosity, adore distilling information from multiple sources, change tone & inflection for different audiences, find “no” stimulates you to pursue a yes, love brainstorming to find the right phrase or concept, revel in meeting new people, succeed in creative event execution, and enjoy juggling (aka multitasking)? We have the job for you!!
The Family Center (a growing, fast paced nonprofit located in Nashville) seeks a dynamic new team member to serve as its Vice President, Development & Marketing. This position is integral in helping TFC pursue our mission of breaking multigenerational cycles of childhood trauma by spearheading all Development and Marketing efforts, engaging in the mission as a means to expand revenue, and utilizing analytics as a tool for making the case for current/future donors: raising the revenue for increasing awareness and moving forward with our mission.
Qualified candidates must have a willingness to embrace a Trauma Informed Culture that also honors all races, religions, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
Competitive candidates will: welcome curiosity as a means to learn and grow personally and professionally, greet change and challenges with flexibility and a positive, collaborative approach, pursue excellence in work products and community presence, and meet professional goals and timelines.
- Develop, execute, and evaluate annual fundraising/marketing plans and ongoing strategies that ensure The Family Center exceeds its development and marketing goals each year.
- Identify and incorporate successful strategies for significantly broadening and deepening individual and major donor awareness and support (identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of current and potential major donors)
- Engage collaboratively with the President/CEO, Board of Directors, volunteers, staff
- Effectively coach the Coordinator, Communications & Graphic Design
- Oversee corporate relationship building and increase corporate support
- Successfully execute two annual events (committees, budgeting, logistics, etc.)
- Identify, cultivate, and engage with current and potential 3rd party donors/events
- Maximize a wide range of existing and new communication assets and channels (i.e.: website, marketing collateral, social media, etc.).
- Maintain and update these communications channels ensuring a high-quality public presence
- Establish and cultivate media partnerships
- Use analytical data, agency metrics, and client stories to share organizational impact
- Embrace and demonstrate core organizational values: Excellence, Integrity, Inclusion, Transformation, Connection.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of development experience fundraising, sales, marketing, or a field with similar skills and a curious chameleon approach to the work
- innovative leader, self-initiator, fast learner, team player
- highly developed interpersonal skills, affinity for networking and strategic solicitation, intellectual and social curiosity, high level of confidence and poise along with the ability to adapt in communicating with different audiences, capable of successfully distilling information quickly
- excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively contribute to grant proposals, donor research, marketing efforts, public relations, and communications
- understanding of and implementation of donor research in creating development plans
- proficiency in MS Office Suite, Donor Perfect; past utilization of Moves Management a plus
- basic knowledge of design programs (Publisher, Canva, InDesign, etc.) a plus
- confidence and competence in learning and using existing and new technologies
- ability to effectively interact, communicate, and collaborate with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- excellent organizational and project management skills
- capable of meeting challenging deadlines while “herding cats”
- must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- openness to a work culture that is very fast paced and growing rapidly across TN
This is a full-time exempt position that requires evening and weekend commitments throughout the year. Local travel is required, and occasional national travel may be expected. We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, a pet friendly office, and a collaborative team of coworkers passionate about our work in creating resilient families and resilient organizations.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter & resume to our HR manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: July 2, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 09/13/2021
- Salary Range: $75k to $80k
- Working Hours: 40hrs/wk; flexible hours