Ascension Saint Thomas
Volunteer Services Manager
Ascension Saint Thomas
The Volunteer Services Manager will serve as the primary contact for prospective volunteers overseeing all aspects of recruitment, onboarding, and training while ensuring that existing volunteers meet Ascension Saint Thomas requirements and department needs.
- Maintain and grow volunteer base through outreach to individuals, community-based organizations and groups, colleges/universities, and corporations as needed
- Interview, onboard, schedule, and train prospective volunteers to serve at Ascension Saint Thomas Hospitals Midtown and West
- Conduct annual volunteer performance evaluations to ensure that both the needs of the volunteer and the department served are met
- Work with AST hospital department leadership to identify new volunteer opportunities and assess current department volunteer needs
- Conduct annual department and volunteer satisfaction surveys to improve the AST Midtown and West Hospital Volunteer Program
- Plan and lead annual safety training required for volunteers serving AST Hospitals Midtown and West
- Plan annual Volunteer Appreciation Awards Luncheons for volunteers serving AST Hospitals Midtown and West
- In collaboration with the Volunteers Services Team, plan volunteer engagement events and communication efforts
- Attend quarterly Volunteer Board meetings providing volunteer services updates and announcements
- Manage budget and pay invoices for the department
- 4 years of experience in a volunteer setting is preferred.
- 2-3 years experience managing people preferred.
- Certification specializing in management preferred.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
As a military-friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans, and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian careers with Ascension.
How to Apply
Use this link to apply online.
- Date Posted: August 17, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 09/11/2023
- Salary Range: Based on experience
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F