Nashville Rescue Mission
Volunteer Services Coordinator
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here!
At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a full-time Volunteer Services Coordinator to join our Operations team. The primary responsibility of the Coordinator is to provide a meaningful volunteer experience while supporting the organization in all aspects of interacting and communicating with them. The position is also responsible for coordinating the administrative functions of the volunteer services office in an efficient and organized manner. Are you the right person?
Position Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., with biweekly rotating weekends
You are a servant leader.
Your passion for helping people is undeniable. You have super-strong interpersonal skills and excel at cultivating relationships even when you encounter resistance. You know the impact volunteers can have on the work of the organization, and you view volunteering as community engagement, not free labor. You not only inspire and interact with volunteers, but you are great at integrating volunteering into the organization and helping staff create assignments and involve volunteers.
You are an excellent communicator.
You have strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Whether you are meeting face to face with a volunteer or speaking with them by phone or email, your charm, charisma, and dynamic personality shines through. Your writing is clear, concise, complete, and compelling in a manner that accurately reflects the Mission’s goals.
You are organized and detail-oriented.
Being detail-oriented isn’t a sound bite; it’s one of your strongest qualities. You have a talent for creating and maintaining systems to sustain the Mission’s volunteer program at every phase of the volunteer engagement cycle. You enjoy the process of data tracking, including volunteer scheduling, and background check results. It’s the attention to data that allows you to fine-tune your practices and ramp up volunteer retention. You are smart, organized, and a friendly face who can manage multiple duties while also taking exceptional care of our volunteers.
You are willing to tackle any task.
No task is too big or too small for you. You will do whatever is needed to get the job done. You have strong administrative and time management skills. You can think and act with purpose and integrity. You are willing and able to work nights and weekends.
- Assists Director of Volunteer Services and Volunteer Coordinator in managing volunteer related communication in a timely and professional manner.
- Greets volunteers and provides them with volunteer information and explains the procedures for them to become a Mission volunteer.
- Schedules volunteers accordingly.
- Confirms all group volunteer schedules.
- Provides an updated volunteer schedule to Kitchen, Front Desk, Warehouse, and Guest Services staff members, daily.
- Has good knowledge of the Mission’s statistical information for use when leading campus tours.
- Supports the Mission by assisting in volunteer related activities at all events including, but not limited to, July 4th, Thanksgiving Eve/Day, Christmas Eve/Day, Good Friday and Easter.
- Presents a professional and positive image as a representative of Nashville Rescue Mission.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Moderate reading and writing skills; typing/computer usage; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, volunteer management database software.
Ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climbing stairs, push and pull items weighing 40 pounds or less: manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays, and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to the hungry, homeless, and hurting in Middle Tennessee.
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community.
To apply, visit Careers at Nashville Rescue Mission to upload your resume.
- Date Posted: March 29, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $14.39 - $17.99
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., with biweekly rotating weekends