Volunteer Engagement Specialist
Who we are
Interfaith Dental is a volunteer-driven nonprofit agency that helps vulnerable populations achieve and sustain and healthy smile. Interfaith Dental’s mission is to create a healthier community by providing transformational oral health care for those experiencing poverty.
Interfaith Dental now serves vulnerable populations in two clinic locations within a ten-county region of Middle Tennessee. Interfaith Dental focuses on life transformation through dentistry offering both access to oral health services as well as education, motivation, and inspiration.
The role you will play
The Volunteer Engagement Specialist (VES) provides oversight and leadership for Interfaith Dental’s (IFD) volunteer programs and is responsible for equipping staff members with effective and motivated volunteers to accomplish Interfaith Dental’s mission and vision. This position reports to the Chief Officer of Education & Engagement (in close coordination with the Chief Program Officer [CPO])
The Volunteer Engagement Specialist contributes to the success of Interfaith Dental and its impact in the community by participating in a wide range of responsibilities and activities.
- Responsible for meeting targets related to recruitment/retention of In-House Dentist (IHD) volunteers.
- Guides the volunteer program to ensure effective strategies and processes related to volunteer life cycle including recruitment, screening, placement, training, retention, and growth.
- Creates and implements new programs/events to present volunteers with multiple opportunities to support the clinic.
- Cultivates relationships with external dental professionals in our service area to create a pipeline of potential volunteers to provide in-house and special event services.
- Responsible for volunteer recruitment and program publicity in the community.
- Responsible for scheduling volunteers based on clinical need and volunteer availability.
- Maintains volunteer database ensuring up-to-date and accurate records.
- Supports other departments, as needed, in recruiting & onboarding volunteers for events, special projects and administrative duties.
What you will bring
- Completion of post-secondary coursework in a related field or will consider work equivalent
- 2+ years of related work experience
Are you someone who:
- Is passionate about the work that you do?
- Can lead and enhance the volunteer experience?
- Is highly organized with strong attention to detail and focus on task follow-through/completion?
- Has a track record of strong customer service skills and the ability to build and maintain successful working relationships with a variety of staff, volunteers, and community partners?
- Prides themselves on their time management skills with a proven ability meet deadlines?
- Has experience leading or coordinating a project or event?
- Has advanced computer literacy with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, social media platforms, and proficient with database software (ex. Bloomerang)?
- Is flexible and can manage a diverse workload?
- Is excellent at communicating, both verbally and written?
- Who has reliable transportation for local travel between our two clinics?
- Has the ability to flex hours of work (some evenings and weekends based on scheduled events)
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
What we offer
At the Interfaith Dental, we have competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, work-life balance, generous paid sick time, paid parental leave, plus an employee assistance program (EAP) – to name a few. We also offer a 401k matching program. Not only do we have 6 paid holidays, but we also have a “CREST” day off – with pay! On top of that, we offer continuous learning and development and a Culture Warrior program that contributes to our employee’s high engagement and happiness. Who wouldn’t want all of that?
How to Apply
If everything you have read so far has made you want to be part of this fantastic team, please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com or apply on Indeed (use this link) https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=volunteer+engagement+specialist&jk=1d0d8560596a36c3&_ga=2.49714208.727012411.1662570808-1020830484.1662570808
- Date Posted: September 8, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 45,000-57,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk