CASA of the Highland Rim
Volunteer & Development Director
CASA of the Highland Rim
Volunteer & Development Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the CASA program in Hickman County and supervising volunteers in accordance with CASA of the Highland Rim’s values, policies and standards. The CASA Advocate and Development Coordinator is the primary lead in the recruitment of CASA volunteer advocates with a focus on making strategic connections with civic minded businesses, organizations, faith groups, alumni associations, city, and state employers and other small to large entities creating a channel of potential CASA volunteer advocates. The Coordinator will work with the county Advisory Council but will report to the Executive Director of CASA of the Highland Rim.
As a member of the team of CASA of the Highland Rim, the Volunteer & Development Coordinator will share the responsibility to ensure that the CASA program is carried out in an efficient, thorough, and responsible manner that reflects its mission, values, policies, and standards. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review new cases and assign volunteers based on set criteria
- Maintain at least monthly contact with each assigned volunteer
- Provide supervision, assistance, and consultation for CASA volunteers
- Review/Edit monthly hearing reports of assigned CASA volunteers
- Conduct annual evaluations for assigned CASA volunteers
- Maintain a calendar of court dates and inform volunteers of dates in a timely manner
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with court staff, attorneys, and case managers in a professional and respectful manner
- Appear for volunteers at court dates, hearings, and meetings when necessary
- Maintain accurate electronic and paper case files and records
- Consult and advise Executive Director of volunteer or case issues and concerns
- Provide Executive Director with monthly reports for grant reporting purposes
- Attend workshops and conferences for professional development as appropriate
- Assist the CASA Advisory Council in planning special events
- Some out-of-town travel and evening and weekend work are required
- Plans and staff events for recruiting volunteers
- Assure all donations are received by the Executive Director
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
The Volunteer & Development Coordinator should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, communications, or related field or (4) years equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrate strong skills in public speaking, organization, collaboration, interpersonal relationships, trainings, and small group facilitation.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Commitment to CASA’s goals and mission.
- Demonstrate understanding of the role of the CASA volunteer.
- Must complete CASA Advocate training within 6 months of hire.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within families in crisis relating to child abuse and neglect given preference.
Paid holidays, sick, and vacation time.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Renee Badon, Executive Director of CASA of the Highland Rim at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: May 24, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 06/16/2023
- Salary Range: $38,000 - $40,000 Yearly
- Working Hours: 40hrs a week: M-F, 8-5