Pet Community Center
Pet Community Center
WHO WE NEED
Pet Community Center believes that people love their pets and want the best for them. We exist to serve and share information with pet owners in a non-judgmental, respectful way. We are looking for compassionate individuals that share that belief and who are motivated by serving underserved people and their pets.
A team member comfortable with being responsible for daily care of all surgical patients, assisting doctors and veterinary assistants with pre-, peri- and post-operative care of patients, general cleaning, and training others to utilize our patient care protocols.
IS IT YOU?
You might be our ideal full time Veterinary Assistant if you meet the above and…
+ You enjoy perfecting your skills and learning new things! You don’t mind repetition and enjoy the challenge of making each day better than the last.
+ Working on a team is your strength, and you enjoy working with other hardworking people. You also enjoy a fast-paced environment that requires a high level of attention to detail and high energy.
+ You tend to be curious about everything, you ask a lot of questions. You’re also a problem-solver. If you see something that isn’t working quite right, you find a way to fix it.
+ You are an early bird and are ready to smile and help pets and people first thing in the morning.
+ You are looking for more than just a “paycheck”; you want to make a difference for people and their pets!
Essential Job Functions of this position:
- Handle and track controlled substances for large volumes of surgical patients
- Efficiently premedicate, induce, and intubate any and all patients as necessary
- Able to monitor anesthesia, with a clear idea of abnormal conditions
- Ensure prompt and accurate paperwork procedures are followed each day
- Communicate in effective and professional manner with public, trainees, and all PCC staff members
- Follow all written and verbally communicated departmental standard operating procedures
- Knowledge and ability to intake and release patients, including delivering post-operative instructions in a competent and friendly manner
- Train veterinary assistants, new staff members, and trainees to utilize our patient care protocols
- Able to respond appropriately during an emergency, able to take directions from a veterinarian and direct others during the event, and maintain competency during CPR procedures
- Able to glove in sterilely and assist doctor with surgery when appropriate
- Handle medical calls
- Effectively “team lead,” displaying a positive attitude and acting as a motivating force for all staff members
- Able to efficiently run a clinic team and maintain surgical flow
We are happy to train the right candidate who would be a great cultural fit on our team. Those with strong problem solving skills, a talent for leadership, and the ability to learn quickly are encouraged to apply! Please include a cover letter answering these questions: Do you thrive in a fast paced environment that involves multitasking and attention to detail? What does being on a veterinary team mean to you and what would you expect your teams top qualities to be? Tell us about your skills and experiences that would make you a great candidate for this role!
– Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
– 401k Retirement
– Paid Time off and Paid Holidays off
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter to Anna.H@petcommunitycenter.org
- Date Posted: September 8, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-Thurs, 7:00am-5:00pm