Veteran Business Outreach Center Director
The VBOC Director supports Pathway Lending’s goals, values and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment and accountability.
Working under the policy direction of Pathway Lending and under the general supervision of the SVP Education this position provides support in administrative areas. This position is responsible for the leadership of and overall successful program management of the Pathway Lending’s Veterans Business Opportunity Center, funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, schedules and coordinates events including Boots to Business and Boots to Business ReBoot and other veteran-related education programs and outreach activities. Represents the VBOC at various conferences, presentations and outreach programs.
- Provides and/or coordinates the delivery of general business counseling for new and existing veteran owned businesses in person or through virtual platforms.
- Assists and counsels veterans to prepare for small business capital credit and its proper utilization.
- Assists Educations and Business Advisory Services with creation and delivery of relevant entrepreneurial education in person and through Pathway’s Learning Management System.
- Teaches business workshops for veterans throughout Tennessee and Kentucky
- Performs administrative tasks required by the U.S. Small Business Administration in support of the VBOC Program.
- Ensures timely and quality support to all who seek assistance from the VBOC.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prior military experience is required.
- Bachelors Degree is required.
- Masters Degree is preferred.
- Experience in small business, economic development or small business lending is preferred.
- Must have experience resolving and working through complex customer issues and the ability to perform in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Ability to provide excellent customer service with clients, partners, stakeholders and team members Strong Microsoft Office skills including Adobe, and ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools. Knowledge of small business and commercial loan documentation, strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy, excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with all levels of the organization, ability to meet or exceed business goals and objectives, while fostering a team atmosphere. Ability to work without direct supervision, self-reliant, tactical as well as strategic thinker, and strong leadership skills are critical. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Paid Time Off
- 14 recognized holidays per year.
- 2 weeks of vacation for employees who have worked less than 1 year.
- 3 weeks of vacation for employees who have worked 2 through 5 years.
- 4 weeks of vacation for employees who have worked 6 -10 years plus.
- 5 weeks of vacation for employees who have worked 10 years plus.
- Each full time employee receives 12 sick days a year.
- Bereavement pay is offered, details are listed in the PL handbook.
Bereavement Leave – allowed 1- 3 consecutive days depending upon relationship with no yearly limit to the number of incidents.
Medical Plans – BCBS
Health, Dental, and Vision will be offered to all employees.
- Health, dental and vision insurances are paid at 100% for employee and employee plus 1 at the high deductible level of $5000/$10,000 in Network P. If an employee choses a different deductible level or network, the value of the $5000/$10,000 in Network P will be paid on the behalf of the employee or employee plus one with the remainder of the premium paid by the employee through a semi-monthly payroll deduction.
- $1900/ 3800 High Deductible Plan Network P & S
- $3300/ 6600 High Deductible Plan Network P & S
- $5000/10000 High Deductible Plan Network P
- 2 times salary up to $150,000 (company provided)
- Supplemental Plan available
- Short Term Disability (voluntary)
- Long Term Disability (company provided-up to 60% of salary up to 10K mth limit)
- Accident (voluntary)
- Critical Care (voluntary)
Health Savings Account
- Only with the High Deductible Health Plan
Life Assistance Program
- 24-hour counseling support for employees experiencing personal difficulties
- Will preparation assistance
- Identity theft
- Travel assistance
EP Advocacy Program
- Service to call for plan information, claims issues, etc on Health Plan
- Employees may contribute maximum allowed by IRS after six months employment
- Employer Match: dollar for dollar up to 3%, 3 ½% match for 4% employee contribution, & 4% match for 5% employee contribution; after six months of employment.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to Rita.Elders@PathwayLending.org
- Date Posted: September 14, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 10/04/2021
- Salary Range: 85,000.00
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday 8 - 5