American Baptist College
American Baptist College
American Baptist College, a small HBCU located in Nashville, Tennessee, is seeking to hire a dedicated part-time Utility Worker to perform general cleaning and maintenance duties at our premises. The successful candidate must have a basic working knowledge about tasks related to building maintenance, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing repairs. This position offers a competitive hourly wage at 30 hours per week, with a flexible work schedule.
To ensure success as a Utility Worker, you should have extensive knowledge of cleaning and landscaping equipment, manual dexterity, and good physical strength. A top-class Utility Worker should be a “jack-of-all-trades” who is able to clean and landscape, fix lights, repair equipment, and maintain a safe working area.
- Set up/arrange and breakdown furniture in classrooms, multipurpose rooms, library, offices, and other campus facilities; Set up and arrange designated areas for gatherings, meetings, and special events as assigned.
- Perform minor repairs in various unskilled areas as needed (for example: changing HVAC filters, replacing blown light bulbs, unclog toilets or sinks, etc.).
- Monitor and replace batteries in smoke detectors and hand-sanitizing units around campus as needed.
- General cleaning of assigned work areas, inside and outside of the property.
- Perform routine grounds-keeping duties as assigned (basic duties include tree-trimming,
weeding, and watering of plants); Pick up debris around campus grounds and
surrounding properties owned by the college; cleaning walkways and entrances.
- Assist janitorial staff in performing a variety of general maintenance tasks, including trash removal from all campus buildings and dumping at designated trash area.
- Perform minor/touch-up painting.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to read and interpret written work orders.
- Knowledge of mechanical landscaping equipment.
- Ability to stand, crouch, and kneel for extended periods.
- Experience working with dangerous cleaning chemicals.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment and techniques.
- Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy equipment.
As a part-time position, the successful applicant will not be eligible for benefits such as medical,
dental, and vision insurance; retirement, annual leave (vacation), or paid sick leave.
How to Apply
Interested persons can apply by submitting a current resume, and three references along with their contact information to Mr. Keaton C. Walkine, Director of Campus Operations & Facilities at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding the College or this position, please call the Campus Operations & Facilities Department at (615) 687-6926.
- Date Posted: June 30, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 07/19/2021
- Salary Range: 15.00 hour
- Working Hours: 30