Special Olympics Tennessee
Unified Champion Schools Program Assistant
Special Olympics Tennessee
Summary: To employ an individual with an intellectual disability. The position will be responsible for providing support for the Unified Champion Schools state initiatives, including leadership training, school recruitment, and other program support.
This position will also be responsible for helping build partnerships and fostering growth in Special Olympics Tennessee’s relationships with schools, athletic directors, education, administrators, and Unified Sports® coaches.
TÍTULO DEL TRABAJO: Asistente del programa de escuelas campeonas unificadas
RESUMEN: Emplear a una persona con discapacidad intelectual. El puesto será responsable de brindar apoyo a las iniciativas estatales de las escuelas campeonas unificadas, incluye entrenamiento de liderazgo, el reclutamiento escolar y otro tipo de apoyo al programa. Esta posición también será responsable de ayudar a construir asociaciones y fomentar el crecimiento en las relaciones de Olimpiadas Especiales de Tennessee con escuelas, directores deportivos, educación, administradores y entrenadores de Unified Sports®.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of all that we do at Special Olympics Tennessee as we strive to promote unity and create a community where everyone belongs. We value, celebrate, and support all differences, backgrounds and viewpoints and understand that a focus on greater diversity and inclusion will enrich our organization and our world.
Special Olympics Tennessee is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on sexual orientation, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, age, parental status, socio-economic background, military service, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law.
- Participate in meetings for school recruitment and training
- Assist schools’ UCS programs as needed to ensure the successful implementation of leadership programming, whole school engagement, and Unified Sports
- Represent Special Olympics Tennessee by speaking to service clubs and other community groups when needed
- Assist in training school personnel in the development and implementation of Unified Champion Schools’ initiatives and criteria.
- Assist with Athlete Leadership programming as needed.
- Assist with Special Olympics Tennessee’s competitions, program activities, and special events as needed.
- Additional responsibilities assigned by the Executive VP or the Director of Unified Champion Schools
- Experience as a Special Olympics Athlete
- Effective interpersonal skills and experience working with a variety of people.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- A demonstrated commitment and understanding of the mission of Special Olympics.
- Position requires working both standing and sitting. Must be able to lift and carry light loads.
- Willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends to meet job requirements
- Position is based out of the Nashville, TN, Special Olympics Tennessee office
- All employees must pass a drug and criminal background screening
Position is part-time and paid through the Unified Champions Schools grant funded by the US Department of Education. Employees will be responsible to submitting weekly timesheets as required by this grant.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume with three recommendations to Joanne Drumright at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: September 3, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 10/01/2021
- Working Hours: • Willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends to meet job requirements