Martha O'Bryan Center
Tutor – High School Academic Student Union
Martha O'Bryan Center
Starting wage: $18/hr
Tutors for Academic Student Unions are responsible for providing hands-on support and assistance including, but not limited to, homework help, tutoring support, and enrichment opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides hands-on academic assistance to students daily.
- Provides complementary homework help, foundational support, and test prep daily.
- Instructs and implements daily curriculum in specified subjects and ACT prep.
- Provides and assists with enrichment opportunities involving the arts, music, technology, health/wellness, social-emotional learning, leadership and service.
- Helps each student achieve success by encouraging students to reach individual goals.
- Provides trainings and seminars to students, classes, and the community.
- Assists with college visits and field trips as needed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, or enrolled in a bachelor’s program.
- Experience working with high school students strongly preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Passion for working with young people.
- Ability to work in a chaotic, sometimes noisy environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
THE MARTHA O’BRYAN CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This position is part – time.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: July 21, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth