Mental Health America of the MidSouth
TSPN Data and Communications Director
Mental Health America of the MidSouth
Mental Health America of the MidSouth (MHA) is seeking a Data & Communications Director (DCD) Tennessee Suicide Prevention Network (TSPN). This position will write and publish reports and newsletters, update social media and the TSPN website, take and publish various minutes onto the website, track and manage TSPN resources, and research opportunities to prevent suicides across Tennessee.
Suicide is the 9th leading cause of death in Tennessee, and it is the leading cause of death among adolescents. The Tennessee Suicide Prevention Network (TSPN) exists as a contractual relationship between the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (TDMHSAS) and Mental Health America of the MidSouth (MHA), the grantee. TSPN is a statewide network of stakeholders and volunteers, who work together to implement the Tennessee’s strategic suicide prevention initiatives.
- The DCD will oversee the internal data and external reporting of outcomes, preparing reports as necessary and required by all grants, and coordinating directly with the State of Tennessee, with oversight from the Statewide Director, to these aims.
- The DCD will research grants and opportunities for TSPN sustainability and work collaboratively with MHA’s grant writer who will lead all application efforts .
- The DCD will create and maintain TSPN updates on the website and create and maintain press releases.
- The DCD will create agendas, take and distribute meeting minutes, and oversee other information that relates to the general business of the Network, with a focus on the Executive committee, Advisory Council, other committees, intra-state department and any statewide task forces.
- The DCD will create the monthly TSPN Call to Action, the e-newsletter of the Network, creation of the annual Status of Suicide Report, and oversee all TSPN social media.
- The DCD will fulfill any and all other requirements of the grant and the scope of service with the State of Tennessee when indicated.
- The DCD will assist the Statewide Director with event planning and inventory management.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required (master’s preferred) in business administration, marketing, social services (i.e., social work, psychology), or related field. Minimum of three (3) years related experience in public health and/or mental health preferred, as well as experience working in suicide prevention and/or crisis intervention and/or data collection, and mass communication. Experience coordinating multiple activities. Experience with grant writing and marketing concepts, social media platforms.
Skills: Proficiency in MS Windows, MS Office products (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access, and Publisher), as well as WordPress software, Canva, and other creative software.
Personal Qualities: Must be able to motivate others, work as a team member, value cultural differences, resolve conflicts, and display genuine interest in working with at-risk persons and with people who want to make an impact.
This is a full-time with full-time benefits. The salary range is $33,000 – $37,000 plus full-time benefits: employee health, dental, and vision insurance; long-term disability policy and life insurance, 403-B retirement plan with match (currently 6% match), mileage reimbursement at the state-approved rate (currently $0.47 per mile), generous paid time off (PTO), and access to additional benefits such as Ascend FCU, Aflac policies, etc.
How to Apply
To apply, send cover letter, resume, three reference names/emails, and sample(s) of artwork or graphic design (i.e., brochures, web design, electronic art, etc.) to Jackie Cavnar, COO, at email@example.com. References will not be contacted until after an initial interview. Due to the expected application volume, only the top candidates will receive communication regarding receipt of application materials and possible interview.
- Date Posted: January 14, 2020
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 03/09/2020
- Salary Range: $33,000-$37,000
- Working Hours: 8:30am-5:00pm