Transitional Housing (THP) Operations Specialsit
Operation Stand Down Tennessee
he THP Operations Specialist works directly with the Clinical Services Manager and is responsible to provide customer services, administrative, reconciliation, and/or clerical duties to increase the overall operational efficiency of the Transitional Housing Program. The Specialist activity will focus to the following departmental processes: admissions, discharges, client/Veteran fees, program supplies, transportation, house safety and department budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Day-to-day provision and management of the THP Screening, Admission, and Discharge processes including:
- Record, monitor and report relevant census information
- Establish and maintain appointments and schedule (Screening and Admission)
- Conduct screening, enrollment, and/or admission with Veterans: interviewing, signature of contracts, and/or collection of eligibility documentation.
- Enter relevant information on each Veteran served in CES/HMIS data base.
- Audit completed paper and electronic chart for accuracy and completeness.
- Day-to-day provision and management of the THP Program Fee processes to include maintenance of a ledger, monthly statements, and coordination of deposits with finance.
- Day-to-day provision and management of the Veteran / Program supply processes (inventory, ordering, expense reporting, and distribution) including:
- MTA Identification and 31 Day Bus Pass
- Alcohol and Drug Testing supplies and equipment
- House / Program Supplies
- Veteran Admission and Discharge Resources
- Thrift Store Vouchers
- Coordinate Van Transportation processes
- Provides day-to-day management/coordination of the THP Driver(s) and related services
- Create, monitor and maintain van driver schedule
- Monitor and maintain department vehicles
- With CSM, coordinate department efforts for compliance with agency, grant, and community standards for the clean and safe operation of each of the 7 THP houses including:
- Develop, revise, update and maintain operations manual for houses.
- Conduct on-going training with staff, resident advisors and residents on operations
- Conduct with Senior Facilities and Maintenance Technician, Case Managers and Resident Advisors, monthly house inspections to include monitoring of relevant safety logs and maintain record of results.
- Assist CSM with the management of documentation for THP budget to include: supplies, program expenses, and staff expenses.
- Associate degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two or more years of experience office administration, operations management, preferred in social services setting.
- Experience working with Veterans and/or comprehensive knowledge of regional veteran services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Veteran preferred.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Broad capacity for global thinking and creative problem solving.
- Compassionate, energetic and team focused.
This position is full-time at 40 hours/week beginning immediately. Includes 401K plan and limited health plan.
How to Apply
A resume and cover letter should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Selected candidate must pass a drug test and background check.
- Date Posted: May 20, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 06/15/2020
- Salary Range: $30-$35K
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk