Nashville Rescue Mission
Transitional Housing Coordinator
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here!
At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a full-time Case Manager. This Case Manager serves as a coordinator for the Transitional Housing component of the Mission’s Life Recovery Program on our Women’s Campus. This position reports to the Director of the Women’s Life Recovery Program and is an integral member of the Life Recovery Program team. Are you the right person?
You are an independent, responsible, and compassionate leader
You are strong in your faith. You understand that ultimate healing comes from a life lived for Christ in obedience to His word, and in light of this, you lead from a biblical worldview. You are self-motivated and do not require constant supervision. In fact, you enjoy working independently. You are willing to take initiative and do what needs to be done. You have a can-do, will-do attitude.
You are empathetic, intuitive, and have strong boundaries
You can read behavior, pick up on cues, and address issues using gentle, loving, and direct methods. Your desire is to see participants live up to their full potential. You have the ability to think and act decisively with purpose and integrity. You pay attention to details.
You are flexible, whether it’s teaching a class or coaching one-on-one
You enjoy teaching, coaching, and counseling women in recovery. You are willing to meet a person where they are and hold them accountable. You are comfortable working one-on-one in developing a budget, goals, coping strategies, and an exit plan. You can easily shift gears to daily crisis counseling when the need arises. You have a heart to see people grow and transition into the life God has planned for them.
You have strong administrative and organization skills
You are also organized and able to maintain documentation for assigned caseload of participants. The right person is someone that can think about the big picture while serving the needs of program participants directly.
- Manages and coordinates daily oversight of Transitional House policies and procedures.
- Conducts participant orientation and intake explaining guidelines, requirements and boundaries that will govern the stay of the participant’s residency.
- Provides accurate information on participant’s behavior and progress to participant’s counselor; maintains thorough and accurate documentation in ClientTrack.
- Provides education and guidance in the areas of program requirements, time management, budget, community service, church attendance and aftercare classes.
- Helps Director facilitate aftercare sessions and fills in when needed.
- Works with participant’s life coach to develop an exit strategy.
- Monitors work therapy and oversees participant room inspections.
- Oversees corrective process of rules infractions of Transitional House policies and procedures.
- Helps facilitate a warm and inviting atmosphere that nurtures Christian growth.
- Conducts Life Recovery Program counseling, as needed, i.e. conflict/problem resolution.
- Assists in scheduled and random drug and alcohol screenings.
- Assists Life Recovery staff as needed.
- BS/BA in Counseling, Social Services or Theology, or 5 to 7 years experience in a biblical recovery setting.
- Strong biblical knowledge and application skills.
- General office equipment skills with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong public speaking/communication skills.
- Strong personal interactive skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Must hold a valid Tennessee drivers license and be insurable by the Mission’s insurance company.
- Position requires an enthusiastic personality who can develop harmonious relationships with staff, program participants, volunteers and community leaders.
- Requires strong conflict resolution skills along with the ability to demonstrate sound judgment, initiative and independent thinking.
HEALTH BENEFITS, TIME AWAY FROM WORK, LIFE INSURANCE AND MORE
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community. To apply, click NRM Careers and upload your resume or you may send your resume to HR@NashvilleRescueMission.org.
- Date Posted: February 12, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: Monday and Thursday - 12:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.; Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.