Transitional Employment Manager
Project Return empowers people who are coming back to the community from prison. Our mission is to provide services and connect people with resources needed to return successfully to work and community after incarceration. For nearly four decades, Project Return has been doing the work of reentry in Nashville: facilitating job search, job placement, and job retention, as well as providing wraparound services and a broad array of assistance and support, for people who come to Project Return with the determination to make a new beginning after incarceration. They face nearly insurmountable barriers. Our days are filled with triumph and hard work!
The Transitional Employment Manager is responsible for managing the daily operation of Project Return’s transitional jobs program. Through job coaching, ongoing encouragement, and connection to appropriate supportive services, s/he helps participants excel in transitional employment and then move successfully from that to long-term employment, while meeting the labor needs of the transitional employment partners.
The Transitional Employment Manager has two overarching responsibilities: 1) maintain current, and establish new, transition employment partnerships; 2) effectively staff and organize work crews of Project Return participants in order to provide them with valuable work experience and to fulfill the terms of transitional employment agreements; and 3) manage the crew of Transportation Coordinators
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes relationships with current and prospective businesses to develop transitional job opportunities for participants.
- Establishes productive relationships with PROe participants that help to propel them forward in their successful reentry and long-term job acquisition.
- Works with job development and program services teams to screen, match, and prepare participants for transitional job opportunities based on their skills, work experience, availability, and related interests to achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual placement goals as prescribed by agreements with transitional employment partners.
- Schedules jobsite visits and meetings with transitional employment partners to ensure delivery of quality service.
- Documents – timely, consistently and accurately – participant and transitional employment partner contacts
- Accumulates and reports precise data (such as work time) to internal and external departments.
- Schedules participants and their transportation to meet the workforce needs of transitional employment partners.
- Regularly discusses each participant’s progress with appropriate co-workers at Project Return.
- Maintains contact with participants and work site supervisors and is responsive to their feedback and needs.
- Engages each participant in on-going discussions about his or her progress toward reaching employment goals, and guides participants to goal achievement and to excellence.
- Oversees the operation and maintenance of company fleet, and has valid driver license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities that will be assigned from time to time.
- Flexible to participant needs, especially across shift schedules, and responsible for being on call with agency cell phone.
Education: Master’s Degree, or Bachelor’s Degree and relevant experience in job development or business operations, customer service, and human services.
Experience, skills, and interests preferred:
Experience with leadership, staff development, and supervision; excellent written and oral communication and decision-making skills; data management skills; sensitivity to cultural and individual differences; self-motivated, team-spirited, creative, and highly organized; strong desire to work for an organization helping people make a new beginning, and an understanding of how this work benefits both the individual and the community.
Competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter, addressed to Bettie Kirkland, to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Transitional Employment Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please!
- Date Posted: September 16, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services