Temporary Advanced Practice Provider
Employment Status: Full-time, Temporary
Dates of Temporary Status: July 24-September 5, 2023
Hours Per Week: 30
The main purpose of a Siloam Health Advanced Practice Provider is to provide excellent primary care to our diverse patient population. The second purpose is to work with our entire team to live out our mission and vision, which is “to share the love of Christ by serving those in need through health care” and to ensure that “our neighbors from all nations are empowered to live physically, emotionally, and spiritually healthy lives and to feel at home in our community.”
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose and treat patients with acute and chronic illnesses.
- Perform physical exams.
- Institute and communicate preventative health measures.
- Be familiar with and utilize established, up-to-date protocols.
- Perform minor procedures as indicated and as trained.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Stay abreast of current trends in health care.
- Participate in ongoing quality improvement (QI) activities within defined roles.
- Work with all staff to train volunteers.
- Participate in Siloam Health’s professional education component to train APN and PA students.
- Provide input for annual staff nursing performance reviews.
- Passionate about Christian ministry to the underserved and in full agreement with Siloam’s mission and core values
- Willingness to serve persons with limited access to healthcare and who are from different cultures and faith beliefs
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office products as well as electronic medical records
- Knowledge of primary care principles and practices
- Basic understanding of and desire to grow in delivering whole-person health care
- Adherence to OSHA and confidentiality requirements
Education & Experience
- Current State of Tennessee Advanced Practice Nursing or Physician Assistant License
- Master’s degree in area of specialty
- National board certification in area of specialty
- At least one year’s experience in a medical practice after completion of final preceptorship
- Proficiency in Spanish or Arabic
- Limited weekends
- Consistent schedule
- Diverse team and patient population
How to Apply
Please visit our website at siloamhealth.org/careers to find the link to apply. While there, browse to learn more about our Christian faith-based primary care clinic, our mission, and our core values.
- Date Posted: May 17, 2023
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 07/24/2023
- Salary Range: 45.00 per hour
- Working Hours: 30 hrs/wk