Martha O'Bryan Center
TAEM Database Manager
Martha O'Bryan Center
Do you believe that all Tennessee families deserve to thrive? Do you want to be a part of a team that works collaboratively to make that vision a reality? As the backbone agency for the Tennessee Alliance for Economic Mobility (TAEM), a new public-private partnership compromised of 32 organizations, the Martha O’Bryan Center is now hiring positions that will be critical to the collaborative’s success. Through a three-year $25 million investment from the Tennessee Department of Human Services, TAEM will reimagine how to support families in moving out of poverty and into opportunity. Across 7 counties, TAEM will support 900 families in moving beyond the benefits cliff—the point when families abruptly lose their benefits due to often nominal increases in income (think: just a few dollars more per hour), which leaves families worse off financially when they increase their income. In making the most fiscally responsible decision for their families, many limit their potential by not pursuing increased earnings or education in response. Through an innovative transitional benefit, financial counseling, family-centered coaching, wrap-around supports, and equitable access to employment and education pathways, TAEM will demonstrate a new way forward for the Tennessee safety net, thus creating a scalable statewide solution that incentivizes employment and increases family self-sufficiency.
About The Martha O’Bryan Center
Martha O’Bryan Center (MOBC) is an anti-poverty non-profit organization with longstanding history and deep community roots, grounded in tradition and strengthened by innovation. Founded in 1894 when Miss O’Bryan organized the Gleaners Society at First Presbyterian Church to support impoverished North Nashville residents, Martha O’Bryan Center has operated from the heart of Cayce Place – Nashville’s most distressed community – since 1948. This is where we continue in service, partnering with Cayce Place families to open doors of hope and possibility, create a culture of attainment, and positively shape future generations. Martha O’Bryan Center serves 12,000 people annually with its programs in early learning, parent empowerment, youth development, adult education, food security, crisis counseling and public charter schools East End Prep and Explore! Community School.
The TAEM Database Manager assists in developing TAEM’s shared database, trains partners on the database, manages the database, and provides IT support related to the database. This is a full time, regular position, located at the Martha O’Bryan Center. This position reports to the TAEM Data and Evaluation Senior Manager.
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in building the shared database, including identifying what needs to be tracked, supporting the build, and supporting testing.
- Assists in training partners on shared database, including initial onboarding and at regular intervals.
- Manages the database including:
- Maintenance (small changes, data cleanup, new reports, etc.)
- Batch uploading as needed to make inputting large data sets more manageable and to maintain continuity between external databases and the TAEM database
- Constant monitoring of uploaded documents, calculator PDFs, cross-checking transitional benefit payments
- User/license management
- Provides a level of “IT” support for users needing help with the database.
- Stays up to date with industry developments in security and announcements from the software companies, and communicates as needed.
- Maintains written policies/manual.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two or more years of related work experience.
- Non-profit experience preferred
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Salesforce.
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as independently with minimal direction.
- Patience, especially when teaching others (for IT and onboarding needs).
- Willingness to assist with emergent needs when requested.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate including familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, database, desk top publishing software, email and the internet.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule in order to respond to partner and client needs.
- Limited regional travel within Middle Tennessee (up to 10%).
THE MARTHA O’BRYAN CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This position is benefits eligible.
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply.
- Date Posted: June 30, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Analytics / Evaluation
- Service Area: Community Development
- Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000