Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Systems Administrator – Intermediate
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR – INTERMEDIATE
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2021 AT 11:59PM
Division: Information Technology
Reports to: Assistant Director of Information Technology
Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Grade: 38
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $4,973
FLSA Classification: Exempt (03)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists with the configuration, implementation and monitoring of all local area network (LAN) infrastructure and peripherals; assists with the installation, configuration, and usage of computer networks, computers, software, printers, and all other related peripherals throughout the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs network servers with direction from the Assistant Director of Information Technology (IT) and Senior Systems Engineer.
- Helps monitor network servers for problems and troubleshoots and resolves issues.
- Helps administer the backup routine for all the organization’s data; monitors the backup systems to ensure complete and accurate backups each business day for both the central office and applicable field offices.
- Assists with administering and maintaining the organization’s Active Directory Environment.
- Assists with administering and maintaining the organization’s Anti-Virus/Disk Encryption applications.
- Assists with administering and maintaining the organization’s applications.
- Troubleshoots, supports, and upgrades existing Windows Servers to increase operating efficiency or to update to new business requirements.
- May provide advanced technical assistance to organization employees as necessary, including remote users, telecommuters, and vendors; works with Systems Support Manager to troubleshoot hardware, network, and application-specific software problems.
- Works with the Endpoint Manager to perform hardware and software upgrades on new and existing networked computers.
- Helps manage, maintain, and troubleshoot the agency’s Windows Update Servers for all security-related Microsoft updates to Servers.
- Assists the Endpoint Manager with troubleshooting and installation of organization telecommunications equipment.
- Assists Assistant Director of IT and Senior Systems Engineer with research studies and testing methodologies to determine better usage of networks and implementation of new technologies within the organization.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited two-year college or technical institute with a major in data processing, computer science, or other related acceptable field.
- One year of server administration experience in a multi-server environment.
- One year of work experience in administering Windows servers in a multi-site Active Directory implementation.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Knowledge of current business practices and principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, and Symantec; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
State of Tennessee positions that may involve driving responsibilities require candidates to meet the following minimum driver qualifications:
- A valid driver’s license
- For the past five years, the candidate’s driving record must not have record of the following violations: driving under the influence (DUI), reckless driving, license suspension for moving violations, more than 4 moving violations
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: September 1, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Information Technology
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: $4,973