Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
Supply Chain, Logistics & Production Manager
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
Who we are: Since 1978, Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee, a member of Feeding America™, has been providing food to our more than 1 million neighbors at risk of hunger in middle and west Tennessee. In support of our mission, which is “to provide food to people facing hunger and work to advance hunger solutions” – last year, we distributed more than 41 million pounds of food to more than 460 Partner Agencies, providing more than 36.5 million nutritious meals to hungry children, families and seniors throughout our 46-county service area. To learn more about out work, visit our website secondharvestmidtn.org and our social media.
What you’ll do:
Summary: This position ensures the accurate order placement, priority focus, timely product movement and inventory control of assembled product at internal and third-party facilities for Project Preserve – a social enterprise program of Second Harvest. The Production Manager works closely with the logistics and supply chain team members to ensure best-in-class customer service. This position develops professional relationships with external vendors while asserting authority to ensure all processes and procedures are followed. This position supports and fosters our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion, which is the foundation for ensuring a culture of belonging for all personnel.
- Serves as key contact for building production with third-party assembly partners and internal team members, closely collaborating with the Supply Chain Specialist and the Volunteer Engagement team.
- Maintains sufficient inventory levels at all facilities to ensure timely production.
- Reconciles month end book to book inventory with all third-party facilities as well as yearend physical inventory, to meet or exceed the inventory variance threshold.
- Manages to customer lead time expectations.
- Provides backup and key support for the Director, Supply Chain.
When & Where:
- Schedule: Typical daytime workweek hours of Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4:30 PM on-site and primarily at our Nashville distribution center.
- Travel: Occasional travel up to 20% during peak seasons is required for inventory and relationship building with third-party vendors. Occasional evenings and/or weekends may be required outside of normal working hours for meetings, special events, to respond to issues (e.g., disaster response, community events, etc).
- Flexibility: our flexible work program is a strategic tool to achieve organizational goals, empower employees to do their best work and foster engagement by supporting high performance, business continuity as well as wellbeing and work-life-balance. WorkFlex arrangements are complex, specific to individuals and roles and include the following options: alternative schedule, compressed week, reduced/ part-time, job sharing, remote day and telecommuting.
- Essential business/ first responder: In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, Second Harvest is typically considered an essential business service and emergency responder. All employees may be required to perform regular or emergent duties on-site. Employee safety is balanced with business and community necessity. Some positions are more likely to be required on-site than others.
Is this you?
- Education: High School Diploma (or equivalent) required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience: 3+ years of related experience and/or training.
- Skills & Capabilities: Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft suite of products; utilizes Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Macola, E-Powerhouse, etc. and learns new databases and software; interacts with all levels of the organization with confidence and professionalism; adapts to a fast-paced, sales-focused work environment; organizes, coordinates and directs projects; strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Competencies: Coaching/ developing others, results orientation/ execution, quality improvement & project management.
- Other requirements: our pre-hire process requires acceptable results from the following: professional reference feedback, criminal background, Motor Vehicle Record and a pre-employment drug test. Current Driver’s License and automobile insurance are also required. Criminal backgrounds are evaluated on a case-by-case basis considering several factors (timing, frequency, severity and job relation).
What Second Harvest has to offer:
Work with a purpose: As one of middle Tennessee’s largest nonprofits, our local hunger relief work is uniquely rewarding, hands-on and solutions-oriented. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results. A career with Second Harvest ensures that you not only earn a paycheck, but also help your local community through meaningful work. If you are passionate about serving your neighbors in need and are committed to our mission of ending hunger, we invite you to join our 120+ person team in the fight against hunger, as we work to achieve our vision of a hunger-free community.
Award-winning workplace: we are a best-in-class workplace because we are passionate and people-focused – we listen, respect, care and challenge each other, so that our neighbors can count on us. Our employees have identified us among The Tennessean’s Top Workplaces eight times based solely on employee surveys and feedback. We are invested in our team and offer frequent whole-person wellness opportunities through our Harvest Wellbeing Program. We focus on staff physical and mental health, financial empowerment, personal and professional development as well as social and community engagement. There is ample opportunity to be engaged, have work-life-balance and grow with Second Harvest.
Compensation & Benefits: Second Harvest is proud to offer rich and affordable total compensation packages. Total compensation for full-time employment includes many benefits, in addition to base pay. The paid days off policies include: 10 holidays, 15 vacation, 12 sick and personal time, as required by law. Traditional benefits offered include medical (employee-only coverage paid 100% by employer) dental and vision. Additional available benefits include annual bonus potential, annual performance reviews with potential merit pay increases, flexible work, retirement (with a generous employer match), disability insurance (short and long-term), life insurance as well as long-term care insurance.
DEIB & Equal Employment Opportunity: we celebrate and value diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are intentionally working to diversify our team so that our employees reflect the diverse communities that we serve. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply! Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented and diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. We provide equal employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or other legally protected characteristics.
How to Apply
Think this sounds like a role and workplace where you would thrive? Apply now!
You can express interest in joining our team, in any of the following ways:
- Online: employment application on our website: http://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/job-opportunities/?gnk=apply&gni=8a7885a87cc39b7f017cc8fb599c1bc0&gns=CNM. Resume and cover letter can be uploaded with applications on the website as well.
- Email: Resume and cover letter can be sent to our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In person: applications can be completed by visiting us on-site at any of our distribution centers, locations can be found on our website: secondharvestmidtn.org/contact.
Thanks for your interest in working for Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee – we love it here and think you will too!
- Date Posted: November 12, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: M-F, 8 AM - 4:30 PM