Rock the Street Wall Street
Student & Alumnae Coordinator
Rock the Street Wall Street
Student & Alumnae Coordinator
Only local candidates (Greater Nashville, TN residents) will be considered for this position.
If you are looking for a nonprofit truly moving the needle on the gender and racial wage and wealth gaps across the US, UK and Canada, keep reading. RTSWS is GROWING and this is your chance to jump on board with our newly developed department.
We are hiring a Student & Alumnae Coordinator to work directly with Rock The Street, Wall Street’s community of 5000+ students and alumnae who have participated in our programs over the past 10 years in multiple cities across the US, UK and Canada.
This position requires a passion for providing students the tools and resources needed to excel in their college and career journeys and to assist them in excelling in the field of finance and economics. The Student & Alumnae Coordinator will coordinate and communicate upcoming events and opportunities directly with RTSWS students and alumnae. In addition, the coordinator will communicate with HR contacts at finance firms to increase and assist in uploading internship and job opportunities for students. This role requires facilitating opportunities across multiple cities in the U.S., Canada and U.K. Collaboration as a team player is a must to achieve the organization’s goals.
Who We Are
Rock The Street, Wall Street (RTSWS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit making a big impact. Our financial and investment literacy program is designed to bring both gender and racial equity to the financial markets and spark the interest of a diverse population of high school girls into careers in the M of STEM – finance. Our programming is offered in 62 high schools in 34 cities across the U.S, U.K. and Canada.
Student Learning Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with RTSWS Student Learning and Development Manager on the RTSWS Student CEO program. Including conducting RTSWS Student CEO interviews, planning and attending RTSWS Leadership Summits and helping pair RTSWS Student CEOs with finance-related opportunities.
- Assist in the quality and effectiveness of the RTSWS programs by helping revise RTSWS curriculum and student/alumnae resources and tools. This includes curriculum editing and revisions for fall financial and investment literacy workshops and spring mentorship.
- Monitor pre- and post-assessment scores for RTSWS cohorts and develop tools for volunteers to address assessment data.
- Improve and develop learning resources for students and instructor resources for volunteers.
Vocational and Career Platform Responsibilities:
- Promote the RTSWS Vocational and Career Platform goals, scope, schedules and resources to ensure timelines and goals are aligned across multiple markets. Report quality metrics with informative analysis on a monthly basis.
- Upload internship and job listings to the RTSWS Internship & Job Portal.
- Develop relationships with HR contacts at sponsoring and partnering firms to increase opportunities for RTSWS students and alumnae and to ensure current listings are active.
- Actively develop and manage relationships with sponsoring firm contacts, partner organizations, school staff and donors.
- Update events and resources on the Vocational and Career Platform.
Alumnae Engagement Responsibilities:
- Support event planning with sponsoring firms for student/alumnae events (both virtual and in person).
- Directly communicate with RTSWS students and alumnae about finance-related opportunities in their area.
- Creatively harness technology to streamline activities and effectively deliver responsibilities.
- Assist in development and maintenance of RTSWS Alumnae Council. Coordinate council to meet regularly and develop agendas for council meetings.
- Handle escalations of interest in our programs.
- Handle day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Promptly and clearly respond to urgent requests.
- Independently manage and coordinate multiple assigned projects, activities, dates, resources, and dependencies according to priorities and deadlines; set/reset expectations as appropriate
- Draft effective communications for internal and external purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Logistics, Nonprofit Management, Business or a related field. Embrace the RTSWS mission and vision.
- Comfortable working with people from financial services, academia and high school/college-aged students.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player
- A keen eye for detail
- A good decision maker and problem solver
- Strong communication, presentation and public speaking skills
- History of local community engagement and leadership positions.
- Strong technology skills with all Google Suite applications and familiarity with Salesforce and Zoom conferencing.
- Experience in scaling processes for new business.
- Excited about the fast pace and fluid organizational structure of a startup environment.
- Salesforce proficient
- GSuite proficient
- Knowledge of WordPress web development and plugins
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Location: Nashville, TN with the ability for some remote work
Benefits after first 90 days
How to Apply
Contact Information and Procedure
Only those who include a cover letter stating their interest in working with us at Rock The Street, Wall Street will be considered. Send resume with cover letter to Sarah Sepanski with the subject line, “RTSWS Student & Alumnae Coordinator.”
- Date Posted: January 25, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 02/08/2023
- Salary Range: 40,000-45,000
- Working Hours: 40hrs/wk;M-F