Project Connect Nashville
Storehouse and Hospitality Coordinator, North Nashville
Project Connect Nashville
Project Connect Nashville breaks the poverty cycle through relationships, resources, education, and connection to the faith community.
The Storehouse and Hospitality Coordinator is responsible for maintaining, organizing, and operating the storehouse and creating and maintaining a hospitable environment for members of the community through meals, gardening, and more. This includes adhering to best practices for generosity which includes responsible stewardship and seeking to build loving and hopeful relationships with each person who comes in for assistance. The role also includes managing and directing volunteers on site who are there to assist with the storehouse and meal distribution. It may also include some bookkeeping and record-keeping in regards to both the storehouse and the distribution of fresh meals. The Storehouse and Hospitality Coordinator creates a warm and inviting atmosphere where residents feel safe and ready to engage in deeper conversations. The Storehouse and Hospitality Coordinator will also look for regular opportunities for the church to be equipped and empowered to do the work alongside the employees and community so the body of Christ is built up in a spirit of service and unity. As the site’s operations will evolve over time as the relief efforts turn to the typical community development work of Project Connect Nashville, this role may also evolve.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the storehouse – a food and resource bank that serves the community
- Manage execution of the fresh food ministry on site – including meal prep and delivery
- Document storehouse client needs, what was provided to them, and follow up regularly. Use email and phone to stay in touch.
- Instruct storehouse and meal volunteers with best practices and methods and provide assignments – cleaning, organization, distribution, delivery routes, etc
- Build hopeful relationships with residents who come to the storehouse – collect their information, provide basic intake, and connect them to program opportunities.
- Ensure the office and grounds are kept clean and organized
- Arrive at the office and set up each morning – ensure coffee is made, sign-in sheets are ready to go, etc.
- Welcome clients warmly as they arrive for resources, a meal, or programming and ensure that they sign in
- Participate in and lead Bible study and classes as assigned by the Program Manager
- Assist with outreach into the community including distributing flyers and making phone calls to inform residents of events, meals, activities, and programming.
- Attend PCN staff meetings
- Additional duties, as assigned
- Passionate about Christian ministry to the under-served and in full agreement with PCN’s mission and core values
- Patient and grace-centered
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Servant heart
– Paid time off – vacation and sick days, and monthly sabbatical days
– Health insurance stipend
– Cell phone reimbursement
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: July 31, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Community Development
- Working Hours: Office Hours Mon-Thurs 8:30-4:30, some Sunday evenings 4-7 pm, and occasional Saturday events.