Martha O'Bryan Center
Martha O'Bryan Center
Martha O’Bryan Center (MOBC) is searching for an accountant to join our dynamic accounting team.
ABOUT MARTHA O’BRYAN CENTER
A dynamic anti-poverty nonprofit organization with deep community roots, Martha O’Bryan Center (MOBC) serves low wealth families and children in Middle TN. Our mission – We assist families rise above poverty in one generation. Operating 10 sites in Nashville and working collaboratively across Middle TN, our headquarter services are in Nashville’s Cayce Place Homes.
Recognized for building new service models that expand the “opportunity landscape” for families, working with MOBC means contributing to a culture of innovation, collaboration and leadership. Over 8,000 people are directly served annually across two program pathways – EDUCATION including early childhood, youth development, k-8 charter schools, high school Academic Student Unions, post-secondary support and FAMILTY ECONOMIC MOBILITY including parent empowerment, adult education and post secondary services, career support, preschool care, food security, and family/crisis counseling.
MOBC’s accounting team is responsible for the ongoing financial health of the organization. This team oversees accounting processes and ensures that we are good stewards of our financial resources, to serve our community. The Staff Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Performs the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensures that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
- Manages the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivable and work closely with the Development Team to ensure that revenues and receivables are reconciled with Raisers Edge at any given time. Posts entries to the subsidiary ledger and maintains records in balance between ledgers.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual reporting.
- Ensures financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Prepares financial management reports as requested by the Accounting Manager and Chief Finance Officer.
- Ensures accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close processes.
- Assists financial audit preparation and coordinates the audit process along with Accounting Director.
- Ensures accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses. Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Analyzes financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures; provides strategic recommendations and creates solutions to business and financial problems.
- Assists in preparation of organization annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, and interim grant financial reporting.
- Reconciles and maintains balance sheet accounts. Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Maintains fixed asset inventories and depreciation schedule.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Experience working with computerized accounting systems.
- Two or more years of experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, and auditing.
- Knowledge of GAAP practices and principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills; strong time management skills.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
This position is benefits eligible.
THE MARTHA O’BRYAN CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Please use the following link to access our career page: https://secure2.entertimeonline.com/ta/MOBC.careers?CareersSearch
2. Choose “Martha O’Bryan” from the Categories drop down box.
3. Click on the Job Title to be directed to the position description, and to apply.
- Date Posted: October 1, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Community Development
- Working Hours: 40hrs/wk