National Museum of African American Music
Sr. Manager, Marketing & Communications
National Museum of African American Music
The Sr. Manager, Marketing & Communications envisions and develops communications and marketing operational plan in collaboration with the VP, Brand and Partnerships, and is responsible for executing, guiding, managing and evaluating marketing and communications plan as outlined. This role requires working closely with other team members and departments to incorporate departmental goals and events intothe overall marketing and communications plan.
The Sr. Manager, Marketing & Communications is responsible for managing all marketing and communications initiatives to excellence, within deadline and budget. The position requires working collaboratively and independently on brand related projects, oversee creative development, communications process (internal and external) media relations, interdepartmental marketing support and oversees thedepartment project manager.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to design, develop and maintain core marketing operations processes to support collaboration and communication among the marketing, development and operations teams. Identify gaps in processes and systems to optimize workflows.
- Lead collaboration with agencies/vendor partners to meet the goals of campaigns and overall strategic communications plan on time and on budget.
- Build and manage relationships with brand and media partners through creative strategies to increase depth and breadth of NMAAM growing brand.
- Coordinate responses to media inquiries for earned and purchased media.
- Ensure brand and style guide is maintained across the organization. Serve as a champion for the importance of brand integrity and identify creative and strategic tactics needed to evolve the brand as it evolves.
- Identify and execute content needs to best meet marketing goals; monitor all campaigns and improve them as necessary.
- Monitor metrics to assure outcomes support strategic initiatives.
- Effectively manage vendor partners to include web developer, marketing agency, social media strategy partner, and others as needed.
- Work closely with all team members to support key business priorities.
- Develops and implements annual marketing plan, strategies, and goals to increase awareness and promote programs, services and events.
- Helps develop annual marketing budget to include advertising for agency programs and events.
- Identify, implement and support the deployment and evolution of new business processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the marketing team.
- Establishes and/or improves on existing processes, systems and approaches for enhancing individual and team efficiencies.
- Work with corporate and departmental and audiences to drive the development of effective, growth-driven enhancements, assets, and resources for the brand.
- Enable data driven decision making by governing the data to track critical marketing metrics.
- Utilize strong project management skills to track and deliver critical marketing system projects and operational projects on time.Functions as key contact for all marketing campaign operations related to assigned responsibilities.
- Conducts marketing operations analysis, manages reporting, vendor management and assists in budget tracking as related to brand program execution.
- Enthusiastically take on new challenges as needed to further the marketing agenda.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum five years of progressive corporate or national non-profit marketing, plus three years prior management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or communications from an accredited college or university
- This position requires expertise in marketing strategy, digital and social media best practices creativity, project management skills, storytelling abilities, and audience engagement acumen. Candidates withagency experience are highly welcomed.
- Should have an in-depth knowledge of brand management and a working knowledge of traditional and non-traditional media
- Must have a track record of managing and executing successful brand marketing strategies, programs and agencies
- Experience researching and participating in the development of proposals to advance business objectives and partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including editing, proofreading, press interviews, and media training
- Must have experience successfully managing multiple budgets to ensure campaigns are timely and financially accurate
- Able to schedule and complete multiple short term and long term objectives
- Supports the mission, vision and strategic goals of NMAAM to serve both internal and external customers.
- Conducts self in a professional manner; maintains appropriate professional appearance.
- Follows and supports policies and procedures of NMAAM.
- Participates as a team member utilizing a collaborative style to achieve mutual goals.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal, organizational, time management and leadership skills.
- Creativity and self-initiative.
- An ongoing commitment to training in both areas of soft and technical skills to maintain current skills and knowledge.
All Staff Duties:
- Serves as leader to assure strong communications between NMAAM and all external constituents.
- Actively seeks to learn the history of NMAAM.
- Supports and promotes the museum’s mission.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special events.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
NMAAM offers comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, teledoc program, employer provided life insurance and short-term disability and a matched 401(k).
How to Apply
To apply, visit our career site – NMAAM Sr. Manager
- Date Posted: October 5, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 11/01/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week