Special Events Coordinator
Are you ready to join an organization that makes a difference in the lives of others and helps us fulfill our mission to support adults 50+? If the answer is yes, come join our team!
FiftyForward has an excellent opportunity for a Special Events Coordinator. This is a full-time position with regular weekday hours, Monday – Friday with the ability to occasionally work flexible hours including nights and weekends depending on needs and events. This is a hybrid position with a minimum of three days in the office.
The Special Events Coordinator will coordinate, organize, and direct all special events to meet revenue goals that support FiftyForward’s mission.
- In collaboration with the development team, create an annual calendar of special events/fundraisers.
- Plans, organizes, manages, and directs all aspects of general operating events including pre and post-event activities.
- Reaches revenue goals in collaboration with the development team.
- Manages all aspects of event ticketing and sponsorships.
- Set and reach goals for event attendance.
- Manages all event details through a web-based event platform.
- Manages overall event budget and ensures expense targets are not exceeded.
- Negotiates contracts and serves as liaison with event vendors.
- Determines volunteer needs for events and coordinates with the Volunteer Engagement Director.
- Manages all aspects of event promotional materials.
- Works in collaboration with the Marketing and Social Media Manager in the development of social media marketing strategies.
- Under the guidance of the Development Director and CEO, designs, launches, and manages new special event models as needed.
- Provide support to all centers and programs on their signature special events
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, public relations, marketing, or related field preferred.
- High School diploma with at least two years of experience in event planning is required.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in event planning.
- A valid TN driver’s license, good motor vehicle record, appropriate automobile insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Promote and uphold FiftyForward’s mission of supporting, championing, and enhancing life for those 50 and older.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff and external partners.
- Creative thinker with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in using computer programs and Microsoft Office 365.
- Excellent detail and organization skills.
- Ability to maintain composure when faced with challenging situations and personalities.
- Have a deep understanding of what is realistic and not realistic.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Basic understanding of how events work as well as being well-versed in the basics of bands and DJs, audiovisual, florists, décor, etc.
- Must have a proven record of executing creative ideas into successful events.
- Comprehensive benefits package including health (including telehealth), dental, vision, disability, accident, critical illness, cancer, long-term care, Life, AD&D, and FSA
- Paid time off (vacation and sick)
- 10 Paid holidays – plus Christmas week.
- Paid birthday off
- Employee assistance program
- Complimentary membership to all FiftyForward centers
- Community involvement
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply
To join our team, please visit our careers website https://fiftyforward.org/employment
FiftyForward is the leading resource for adults 50+ in Middle Tennessee who seek to live longer, more fulfilling lives. We are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and their families through a powerful leadership team of staff, volunteers, and community partners, and have touched the lives of more than 20,000. Through seven locations and a variety of programs in Davidson and Williamson counties, we provide enrichment opportunities for adults 50 and older to remain engaged and live their lives to the fullest.
FiftyForward is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
At FiftyForward we see and celebrate the differences in every person. Together, we are creating a responsive community that is open, engaged, and accepting of all.
- Date Posted: October 12, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm, with the ability to occasionally work flexible hours including nights and weekends depending on needs and events