Special Education Teacher, Grades K-8 (2020-21 School Year)
East End Prep
East End Prep is looking for teachers with exceptionally high expectations for their students combined with a “whatever it takes” attitude toward meeting those expectations. Located in the heart of East Nashville, East End Prep is empowering elementary and middle school students with the foundation necessary to excel in high school and eventually college completion. At East End Prep, we are built on the firm belief that great teachers given the right environment to perform on a high level and “work their magic” in the classroom is the key to overall student and school success.
Joining the faculty of East End Prep in 2020, nine years after opening, is a chance to help continue to build a top-performing school entrenched in a relentless commitment to excellence. You will be part of a team of educators focused on building excellence from kindergarten all the way through 8th grade.
SUMMARY: Utilize student data, family relationships, research, and school/community resources to plan and facilitate high quality instruction and character development focused on results. Establish strong relationships with family and community, working together to ensure students are successful while also following exceptional education compliance and laws. Maintain and carry out the belief that all students can and will achieve at high levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee, support, and lead a cohort of students with Individualized Education Plans.
- Adapt classroom work, after collaborating with other teachers in full inclusion classrooms, for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address individualized learning plans within established lesson plans.
- Write, maintain and manage accurate and up-to-date IEP records and other paperwork associated with the special education process.
- Implement IEP accommodations for appropriate students.
- Participate, develop, and facilitate professional development for East End Prep staff on effective teaching strategies with regards to behavior based and/or emotional disabilities
- Design and implement high-quality small group lessons and with a focus on student achievement.
- Create a classroom climate of high expectations that is positive, safe, healthy, and conducive to learning; support and help create that same climate in the overall school setting.
- Communicate regularly with families via home visits, phone calls, and conferences.
- Use current student data to drive instruction, planning, and decision making.
- Work collaboratively with all EEP staff members to ensure students achieve at high levels.
- Develop processes that encourage student self-assessment and self-monitoring.
- Document, analyze, and summarize student progress, based on both formal and informal assessment measures, in order to communicate with students, parents, and other stakeholders.
- Utilize technology to maintain student data and enhance student learning.
CERTIFICATES and LICENSES Tennessee Teacher Certification with Special Education Endorsement
Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience. Compensation at East End Prep includes a comprehensive benefits and retirement package.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.marthaobryan.org/careers
- Date Posted: February 28, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Education