Spanish Bilingual Administrative Coordinator
Tennessee Language Center
Regular Full-time, Pay Grade 38 (Nashville, TN)
Under the general direction of the Assistant Director and Director of English Programs, the Spanish Bilingual Administrative Coordinator coordinates and performs complex administrative/clerical duties, interacting with customers, facilitating programs and activities, completion of projects, and reporting. The Spanish Bilingual Administrative Coordinator works closely with the immigrant and refugee population in Tennessee and providing them with access to English classes. The work schedule is Tuesday – Friday from 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM and Saturday from 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative and Service Delivery
- Executes goals and objectives for the programs with guidance from the Assistant Director and Director of English programs.
- Enter reporting information for all four programs (ESL, ETG, TESL and Taxi Pro).
- Fiscal Duties: Reconciles invoicing and payments across the four programs.
- Schedules and administers testing.
- Places teachers into appropriate classes.
- Directs communication to appropriate programs and supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Client Development and Support
- Interacts with clients (Bilingual English/Spanish) via calls, emails, social media, and walk-in, prioritizing urgency and ensuring follow-through of each contact.
- Acts as a point of contact for clients across all three service areas within the ESL programs [ESL (to include TAXI program), TESL, ETG].
- Reviews performance of teachers using TESL standards, making recommendations for corrective action or re-training.
- Provides technical and pedagogical support for teachers and part-time staff for all four programs (ESL, TESL, ETG, Taxi Pro).
- Performs field research with clients to obtain retention data.
- Tracks student retention using database and spreadsheets, providing preliminary analysis for strategic planning purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED
Some College experience, 1-2 years
2+ years of administrative experience
2+ years of experience working with the immigrant and refugee community
Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts, Languages, or relevant field
Certification in Teaching English as a Second Language, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, or Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Basic fiscal skills
- Supervisory skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish
- Ability and willingness to operate mobile classroom vehicle upon need
- Demonstrates initiative and responsibility for individual performance to better serve the organization and community
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Identifies problems, practices good judgment, and confers with appropriate personnel, if necessary, to resolve them
- Recognizes and adjusts to needed changes
- Projects a calm and helpful attitude to all staff and clients
- Effectively gathers and processes information
- Provides positive client service and satisfaction in a responsive, accurate, and timely manner
- Affirms the importance of each individual, treating them with dignity, trust and respect
- Models inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, students and the community
- Identifies opportunities for improving personal and professional work skills and job knowledge
Location: Tennessee Language Center- Nashville, TN
Each employee that drives a vehicle for work-related business must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
At the Tennessee Language Center, we strive to provide our staff members with a comprehensive suite of benefits. As part of the University of Tennessee, TLC offers an extensive benefits package that includes comprehensive health insurance, retirement, paid time off, tuition waivers and discounts, in addition to dozens more services to support health and happiness. For complete information about insurance, retirement, and other benefits available to you as regular staff, please visit the UT System HR Benefits page.
How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to review all position requirements prior to applying. Salary is based on a combination of professional experience and qualifications.
For best consideration, applications should be submitted by November 13, 2020. Applicants should apply electronically at https://hr.utk.edu/staff-positions/
All applicants must submit a resume with a minimum of three references. Position is open until filled.
- Date Posted: October 28, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education
- Salary Range: $33K - $48K
- Working Hours: Tuesday - Friday from 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM and Saturday from 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM