Greater Nashville Regional Council
Social Worker – Aging & Disability Counselor (CHOICES Program)
Greater Nashville Regional Council
The Greater Nashville Regional Council (GNRC) is seeking a full-time Social Worker to serve as a counselor on its CHOICES Intake team within the Department of Aging and Disability Services. The Department’s responsibilities include 1) planning and coordination of state/federal investments into programs and services aimed at improving quality of life for senior adults across the region, 2) coordinating services among a network of senior centers and providers, 3) providing counseling/ assessments to help Middle Tennesseans enroll in programs and services, and 4) monitoring the performance of grant-funded programs to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements.
GNRC is the regional council of governments for Nashville and surrounding counties and serves as one of nine regional economic development districts established by the Tennessee General Assembly in 1965. GNRC also serves as the region’s state/federally-designated Area Agency on Aging & Disability (AAAD), working in close partnership with the TN Commission on Aging and Disability (TCAD) and TennCare. More information is available at GNRC.org and TN.gov/Aging. More information about Tennessee’s CHOICES program is available at https://www.tn.gov/tenncare/long-term-services-supports/choices.html.
GNRC’s CHOICES Intake team helps to screen and assess older adults who may be eligible for the TennCare sponsored CHOICES program funded through Medicaid. CHOICES provides nursing facility services and home and community-based services for adults 21 years of age and older with a physical disability and seniors (age 65 and older). The primary responsibilities of the Social Worker include:
- Help inform older adults about programs and services available to assist with long-term care, transportation, nutrition, or other needs as appropriate,
- Conduct telephone and in-person screenings and assessments with clients across the Middle Tennessee area,
- Complete pre-admission evaluations and collect financial and medical history information from potential clients,
- Keep informed on aging and disability related issues and gather information about available resources and local service providers,
- Help conduct periodic customer satisfaction surveys to assist GNRC and TennCare with monitoring the quality of the process,
- Document information within the appropriate systems, and
- Other duties as assigned by the CHOICES Intake Program Manager or the Director of Aging and Disability Services.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate would have a Bachelor’s degree in social work, with an active social work license, or LPN. Other requirements include excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficiency with MS Office, ability to work within a team, and reliable transportation with ability to travel within our thirteen counties. Experience in geriatrics and case management strongly preferred. Bilingual Language Skills a Plus. Foreign degrees and credentials will be considered.
OTHER EXPECTATIONS: This position will require travel throughout GNRC’s thirteen county region. A valid driver’s license and/or access to personal transportation is required.
Full Benefit Package
How to Apply
If interested please apply at www.gnrc.org/jobs
- Date Posted: June 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Government