Social Media & Marketing Fellow
Under the direction of the Events & Marketing Manager, the Social Media & Marketing Fellow develops and implements marketing strategies to gain greater brand awareness for PENCIL and community participation. These strategies will primarily include social media, graphic design, mass communication strategies, updating the PENCIL website, photography, storytelling and supporting our media outreach.
Tasks will include:
• Design digital flyers, graphics, invitations, and PENCIL program collateral as needed (using Canva)
• Assist with creating and posting fresh content on all social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, PENCIL Blog, YouTube), ensuring broad reach of pertinent stories
• Encourage and manage regular interactions and engagements with partners and stakeholders on all social media channels
• Create internal and external marketing resources and processes to help PENCIL stakeholders promote PENCIL’s work
Maintain PENCIL’s website by editing and refreshing web content through the administration of WordPress
• Assist in the creation of content for monthly PENCIL newsletter
• Research innovative marketing techniques and social trends to help advance partnership and volunteer recruitment, recognition, and interaction
• Captures video and photo collateral to give visual representation of PENCIL’s message
• Assist with the design and execution of PENCIL social campaigns, specifically focused on PENCIL’s 40th Anniversary and the Our Students, Our Future Endowment Campaign
• Support the Development & Marketing team by writing stakeholder profiles to help highlight PENCIL’s work
• Support PENCIL events as needed through outreach, follow-up communication, preparation of event materials, and recruitment of auction items for PENCIL’s annual A Little Night of Music fundraiser
• EDUCATION – Bachelor’s Degree (currently pursuing or achieved) in Marketing, Communications, English or related field preferred
• SKILLS – o Fluent in use of WordPress and Canva o Creative with proven ability to problem solve, set, and accomplish goals, and meet deadlines o Organized and able to keep accurate and detailed documentation o Basic computer skills are essential, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and databases, as well as advanced knowledge of current and up-and-coming social media platforms and Canva. Familiarity with Adobe Suite and video editing is a plus. o Excellent written and oral communication skills o Able to work independently and proactively without daily instruction is critical but must display teamwork and conflict resolution skills.
• EXPERIENCE – At least one-year experience creating brand awareness via social media, press releases and/or print or web materials. Experience with and interest in creative writing and storytelling.
• CONFIDENTIALITY – Ability to manage sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner as outlined in PENCIL’s Confidentiality Policy
How to Apply
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, a sample flyer for a PENCIL event or program and a social media campaign outline to HR@PENCIL615.org no later than 5pm on November 8.
- Date Posted: October 19, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 11/08/2021
- Salary Range: 17.50/ hr.
- Working Hours: 12 hrs per week