Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
Social & Digital Media Manager
Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
This is a lead content marketing role – partnered with the PR & Communications Manager role – responsible for developing and implementing online communication and digital advertising strategies that enhance Goodwill’s brand through the use of social media, digital marketing and online tools.
- Create, curate and manage on a daily basis the agency’s digital marketing effort by developing relevant content topics to reach target customers, donors, clients and potential employees. Develop a community of active users and ensure that content is consistent with the agency’s branding and marketing strategy.
- Create, track and execute budgets for all paid social media and digital tools. Regularly monitor and report on success and metrics of online paid advertising, including paid content on Google Ads, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok and Twitter.
- Monitor social media platforms and actively participate in online conversations in a productive way to build brand awareness, drive sales, mission engagement and donations. Further, monitor the online reputation of the brand and respond to customer questions and concerns in a quick and efficient manner.
- Assist in planning and the execution of marketing campaigns and events as a member of the Marketing team.
- Coordinate and recommend social and digital tools, best practices, and strategies to optimize online outreach efforts. Explore and create a presence on new social media platforms, as appropriate.
- Create, curate, edit and post content for electronic/online publications, including multimedia productions. This includes but is not limited to copywriting and planning for the external newsletter, loyalty member communications and/or email/web copy.
- Manage the agency’s social media influencer marketing initiatives and foster ongoing relationships with local bloggers/influencers.
- Occasionally act as a spokesperson for Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee in local and regional media opportunities (television, radio, etc.); serve as back-up to PR & Communications Manager in this capacity.
- Assist in planning, promotion and execution of new and recurring events, including Style With a Purpose, Wheels-to-Work ceremonies, special sales events and more.
- In coordination with the marketing staff, translate concepts, ideas, and documents into appealing and engaging digital content that will increase website visits/traffic, and maintain desired search engine results.
- Oversee Google Ads functionality and adjust Google MyBusiness listings for retail and donations sites when needed. Experience using a listing management vendor preferred.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices in new online media (B2C & B2B) and website technology; make recommendations and provide support for introducing new online media products. Stay abreast of competitive online activities for similar nonprofits and industries.
- Must have a commitment to achieve excellent results within desired deadlines.
- Attend staff and other meetings in person as required.
- Participate in professional organizations and community programs as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned in support of the Marketing Department.
- College degree in journalism, marketing, communications, advertising or related field.
- Five to ten years of professional work experience in social media, marketing, communications, advertising or similar activities.
- Agency experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated passion for nonprofit mission work and/or thrifted fashion/sustainability.
- Excellent communication skills with solid writing, proofreading, and editorial skills are required.
- Ability to understand multiple audiences and develop content focused on their specific needs.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and other informative communications.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, consumers, and the general public using tact, courtesy, and cooperativeness.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measurements, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be a strategic and innovative thinker with the ability to see the larger picture while also being able to drive projects from development to completion.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to gain the respect and confidence of others, and act with the highest level of integrity in all situations.
- A demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding marketing and communication strategies.
- A self-starter, detail, and task-oriented, able to successfully manage multiple priorities and work well individually on a project or in a cross-functional team environment.
- Experience with new online media, SEO techniques, Web analytics, and social media tools (blogs, tags, video and audio formats, streaming multimedia, etc.)
- Experience working in a Mac or Window environment.
- Must regularly participate with multiple online communities and understand social media tools to include, but not limited to, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Yelp, blogs, Foursquare, online review sites, etc. Should possess knowledge of search engine optimization techniques.
- Ability to integrate social media into broader marketing campaigns.
Health and Prescription Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Employee Assistance Program, among others.
How to Apply
Please apply via this link, https://goodwillmiddletn.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/goodwill/job/Nashville-TN/Social—Digital-Media-Manager_14287
- Date Posted: May 18, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 05/18/2022
- Salary Range: 56k to 62k