Communities In Schools of Tennessee
Site Coordinator (Contractor), Glengarry Elementary/Glenview Elementary
Communities In Schools of Tennessee
Communities In Schools of Tennessee (CIS-TN) is searching for a contractor to fill a site coordinator opening due to a maternity leave. The contractor will split their time between two MNPS elementary schools: Glengarry and Glenview. The start date is estimated for September/October with an estimated end date between late December and early February. The contractor will work a total of approximately 20 hours each week during school day hours. The exact schedule will be agreed upon during the selection process. It is our intent that the contractor will work briefly alongside the permanent site coordinator prior to her maternity leave to properly transition into the role.
In this role, the contractor will deliver services designed and initiated by the permanent site coordinator. Services will include school-wide services in addition to case management services tailored for small groups and individual students/families. The contractor will work closely with both CIS-TN leadership and the school staff to implement these services.
All services are aligned with the national Communities in Schools (CIS) model and mission that brings resources, services, families and volunteers into schools to create a community of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. CIS is the nation’s largest and most effective organization dedicated to keeping kids in school and helping them succeed in life.
The following job duties apply at each school location and include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver school-wide services.
- Maintain regular contact with pre-assigned caseloads, both students and families. Potentially recruit new students to the caseload.
- Deliver small groups designed specifically for a subset of case managed students.
- Deliver individualized services for case managed students and families.
- Maintain relationships with external partners, including volunteers, established by the permanent site coordinator and involve them in school services where needed and appropriate.
- Regularly update school principals and other school team members about CIS-TN’s work in the school.
- Review school and student specific data to inform services and monitor the CIS-TN program’s progress.
- Regularly update CIS-TN database with services provided and case managed student progress towards goals.
- Prepare routine reports needed for internal and/or external use.
- Regularly meet with a CIS-TN program manager to discuss progress, collect feedback, and make enhancements overall to service delivery.
To be successful in this job, candidates must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The core competencies of site coordinators include, but are not limited to:
- Understand and apply basic child and adolescent development principles.
- Communicate and develop positive relationships with youth.
- Adapt, facilitate and evaluate age appropriate activities with and for the group.
- Respect and honor cultural and human diversity.
- Involve and empower youth.
- Identify potential risk factors (in a program environment) and take measures to reduce risk.
- Care for, involve and work with families and community.
- Work as part of a team and show professionalism.
- Demonstrate the attributes and qualities of a positive role model.
- Interact with and relate to youth in ways that support asset building.
- Maintain updated data entry records.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors and work experience in social work, counseling, youth development, education or a related field, with a preference for a masters in social work or counseling.
Conversational to professional fluency in Spanish is preferred.
Contractors are paid based on their hourly rate. Please include your hourly rate in your cover letter that will you submit in the job application. Contractors will provide CIS-TN with biweekly invoices and will receive a check by mail within 7-10 business days after the payment has been processed. Contractors are required to submit a W-9.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter by visiting www.cistn.org/careers. Please include your hourly rate in your cover letter.
- Date Posted: August 5, 2021
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 09/13/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M- F, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.