Nashville Rescue Mission
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here!
At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a full-time Service Coordinator to join our Life Recovery Program team. Are you the right person?
The Service Coordinator assists program participants in obtaining services that are needed to support participants’ life goals. The Service Coordinator serves as a guide, advocate, teacher and mentor. Life Skill development is emphasized in this process, so that participants are equipped to become their own advocate in their pursuit of essential life recovery goals. Life transformation through a relationship with Jesus Christ is modeled and taught.
- Oversees coordination of needed services for participants in Life Recovery Programs at the Men’s and Women’s campuses.
- Communicates with LRP Intake Coordinator about participants who may need services that should be completed prior to entering the LRP program.
- Assesses individual needs of participants and schedules appointments.
- Identifies participant needs, prioritizing those that need immediate attention from those that can wait until the participant graduates.
- Makes sure all participants in the program have obtained needed identification. This includes assisting the participant in obtaining a driver’s license or identification, birth certificate and social security card.
- Responsible for transportation of participants to necessary appointments. Coordinates alternative transportation when needed.
- Coordinates appointment times with treatment team.
- Maintains documentation in client track for all service contacts (e.g., Phone calls, meetings, community appointments, letters written & sent, etc.) with participants.
- Develops alliances & opportunities for NRM & participants with community organizations.
- Assists life coaches with completing assessments, as needed.
- Assists with family communication & transportation to family visits.
- Maintains communication with legal representatives (e.g. Probation Officers, etc.).
- Sends required documentation and/or provides verbal communication to legal representatives on a regular basis.
- Teaches in core curriculum, devotionals and program chapels, as needed.
- Participates in scheduled daytrip activity(s).
- Oversees development and participates in program community project at least once per year.
- Actively works with program team to assure that daily schedule, goals and overall environment are consistently maintained to excellent standards.
- Actively participates in special events, activities, staff meetings, trainings and assigned committees, including some weekends and holidays as required by the Director or Assistant Director of Counseling.
- Regularly performs room inspections, as needed.
- In the event of lower program numbers, participates in work therapy chores.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human/Social Resources or related fields and 3-5 years of relative experience, preferably in the areas of drug/alcohol counseling or biblical counseling. Master’s degree preferred. 10+ years of relative job experience may be substituted for educational experience.
- Shows competency in the following areas:
- Biblical knowledge and practical application skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Initiative to accomplish necessary tasks and solve problems.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Navigational skills to support frequent transportation of participants.
- Documentation and record keeping.
- Public speaking/communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills; ability to form safe, trusting relationships.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Enthusiastic personality who can develop harmonious relationships with staff, participants, volunteers and local community.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license and insurable by NRM’s insurance company.
HEALTH BENEFITS, TIME AWAY FROM WORK, LIFE INSURANCE AND MORE
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community. To apply, click NRM Careers and upload your resume or you may send your resume to HR@NashvilleRescueMission.org.
- Date Posted: February 12, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.