Operation Stand Down Tennessee
Service Center Assistant Case Manager
Operation Stand Down Tennessee
This position is primarily responsible for the provision of services in the agency Service Center which serves as the agency’s first contact to initiate and access services. The employee will provide intake, assessment, and care planning for new clients; short-term, problem solving and/or brief intervention case management for existing clients as well as simple assistance with Veteran client’s access and use of agency and community services and resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Service Center Desk(s):
- Provide scheduled, non-scheduled and phone customers information about the agency such as location and services provided.
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit and direct or escort them to appropriate office destinations.
- Monitor use of outside spaces by both entrances, waiting areas and physical access to office space and as necessary, intervenes to ensure orderly, safe, and secure use of facility.
- Assist clients with and distribute items such as mail, clothing, thrift store voucher, nutrition and hygiene items, computer use/aid, and other miscellaneous assistance.
- Enter individual client information provided by Veteran and services rendered by Service Center staff into the client data bases.
Assistant Case Management:
- Assist Service Center Manager with case management activities with Veterans and their families requiring assistance relating to housing/homeless vulnerabilities: Intake and Assessment, Care Planning (develop, monitor, update and revise through advocacy, education and support), Referral, Liaison/Brokering, Education and Advocacy.
- Coordinate with the client for access and use of agency and community financial assistance resources to include rent/utility deposits, rent, utility, and other relevant housing expenses.
- Assist in the process of securing and maintaining eligibility documentation for specific program(s).
- Maintain needed documentation of services rendered to include contacts, units, progress notes, assessments, care plans and outcomes via appropriate client data bases.
- Participate with team to identify, develop, and implement best practices for services.
- Maintain work consistent with Department/Team Quality Assurance Standards.
- Enter individual client services rendered by Service Center staff into the appropriate client databases.
- Maintain inventory of department supplies reporting needs to the Service Center Manager.
- Adhere to Agency and Department policies and procedures.
- Participate in Agency and Department meetings and events, collection of data/information, and Quality Improvement Monitoring and Review.
- Perform other duties as designated by supervisor or agency
Associates degree in human services type discipline and/or one or more years of experience in community services case management. BSW preferred.
Organization has a liberal paid time off policy, 401K and limited health care plan.
How to Apply
Provide cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: April 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 06/01/2021
- Salary Range: $28k-$33K
- Working Hours: 40 hr/wk