Martha O'Bryan Center
Senior Staff Accountant
Martha O'Bryan Center
Martha O’Bryan Center (MOBC) is searching for an experienced accountant to join our dynamic accounting team.
ABOUT MARTHA O’BRYAN CENTER
A dynamic anti-poverty nonprofit organization with deep community roots, Martha O’Bryan Center (MOBC) serves low wealth families and children in Middle TN. Our mission – We assist families rise above poverty in one generation. Operating 10 sites in Nashville and working collaboratively across Middle TN, our headquarter services are in Nashville’s Cayce Place Homes.
Recognized for building new service models that expand the “opportunity landscape” for families, working with MOBC means contributing to a culture of innovation, collaboration and leadership. Over 8,000 people are directly served annually across two program pathways – EDUCATION including early childhood, youth development, k-8 charter schools, high school Academic Student Unions, post-secondary support and FAMILTY ECONOMIC MOBILITY including parent empowerment, adult education and post secondary services, career support, preschool care, food security, and family/crisis counseling.
MOBC’s accounting team is responsible for the ongoing financial health of the organization. This team oversees accounting processes and ensures that we are good stewards of our financial resources, to serve our community. The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Records and posts cash disbursements, cash receipts and general ledger journal entries.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual reporting.
- Ensures financial records are maintained in compliance with GAAP.
- Ensures all financial reporting deadlines are met and assists with preparation of monthly financial reports
- Prepares financial management reports as requested by the Accounting Manager and Chief Finance Officer.
- Ensures accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close processes.
- Establishes and monitors the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Assists financial audit preparation and coordinates the audit process along with Accounting Manager.
- Ensures accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Analyzes and advises on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments, and future revenues.
- Analyzes financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures; provides strategic recommendations and creates solutions to business and financial problems.
- Assists in preparation of organization annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Assists with preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Develop intimate understanding of grant and funder finance requirements.
- Creates monthly billing and reports for all grants and contracts.
- Reconciles and maintains balance sheet accounts.
- Maintains fixed asset inventories and depreciation schedule.
- Assists in other areas of the accounting cycle when needed.
- Reconcile cash accounts.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Experience working with computerized accounting systems.
- 3 or more years of experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, and auditing.
- Strong grant billing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP practices and principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills; strong time management skills.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
This position is benefits eligible.
MARTHA O’BRYAN CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Please use the following link to access our career page: https://secure2.entertimeonline.com/ta/MOBC.careers?CareersSearch
2. Choose “Martha O’Bryan” from the Categories drop down box.
3. Click on the Job Title to be directed to the position description, and to apply.
- Date Posted: October 1, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Community Development
- Salary Range: $55,000 - $70,000
- Working Hours: 40hrs/wk