Senior Executive Assistant to the President and Executive Secretary to the THA Board
Tennessee Hospital Association
This position is responsible for assisting the CEO and COO in the overall operations of THA. This person is responsible for creating materials for and coordinating all board meetings and acts as a direct point of contact for the THA Board of Directors. This person maintains relationships with the state and national healthcare administrative professional assistant organizations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of THA to grant equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to any protected classification, such as race; color; creed, religion; sex; age; national origin; citizenship status; ancestry; pregnancy; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic information; past, present or future membership in a U. S. Uniformed Service; physical, visual or mental disability; and other classifications protected by law. Also, THA is an affirmative action employer and makes good faith efforts to recruit, employ and promote qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (listed in order of importance)
- The ability to adapt to a changing work environment and meet challenges presented throughout the day.
- Collect, prepare and distribute materials (PowerPoint presentations and board books) needed for staff and THA Board of Directors meetings.
- Record and prepare meeting minutes for the THA Board of Directors and the Executive, Nominating and Bylaws Committees and special task forces.
- Maintain full knowledge of THA departmental responsibilities and corporate activities to act as a direct point of contact with the THA Board of Directors, Executive Committee, hospital CEOs and other THA membership.
- Provide high-level organizational support for scheduling meetings with the Governor’s office, state Department of Health Commissioner, TennCare Director, Department of Finance and Administration Commissioner, etc. for senior management staff, as requested.
- Provide high-level organizational support to the THA Executive department by handling information requests, developing meeting materials and agendas and performing general support functions such as preparing correspondence, managing appointment calendar and travel planning, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings, setting up for meetings (i.e. event planning, arranging catering, developing materials, room set-up and AV set-up).
- Manage the nomination process for the THA Board of Director’s election each year at the THA annual meeting and record and draft the House of Delegates meeting minutes.
- Create and maintain contracts for Voluntary Agreements with Hospitals (THA Hospital Agreements) by working with the Vice President of Financial Policy.
- Complete the President’s expense reports and provide appropriate expense documentation to the accounting department.
- Prepare data and complete data analysis as requested by CEO or COO.
- Provide administrative support to the VP of Financial Policy with ongoing projects, appointment calendar, scheduling CFO meetings, assembling meeting materials and recording conference calls.
- Maintain relationship with and involvement with the Tennessee Health Care Administrative Professionals (THCAP) and the national division of the Association of Health Care Administrative Professionals (AHCAP), and act as THA liaison for THCAP, AHCAP and other state association CEO administrative assistants.
- Must be available for out of town travel approximately 8 percent of the time, including overnight, be able to drive an automobile and maintain a valid driver’s license (approximately four trips per year).
- Must be available in the office during regular office hours unless job responsibilities require otherwise.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain Board awards that are presented to outgoing THA Board members and keep inventory of awards.
- Coordinate other staff support required for THA board meetings and other board functions.
- Coordinate registration for webinars and meetings for staff in the THA Executive department as needed.
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE: (Positions reporting directly to you, if any, and their areas of responsibility)
GUIDANCE and DIRECTION: (Policies, precedents or procedures that guide your work)
- THA Bylaws.
- THA Employee Handbook.
Educational and experience Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
Bachelor’s degree plus four years of work experience in a similar position or six years of work experience in a similar position required.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to effectively work on several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills to inform and advise staff clearly regarding development opportunities.
- Ability to respond to requests and inquires from the THA Board, membership and employees of THA within a timely manner and with an exceptionally positive attitude.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with THA members and employees.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of matters pertaining to THA.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Team player.
- Ability to make travel arrangements via the internet and make changes with very short notice.
Insurance: medical, dental, vision, life, and short- and long-term disability
How to Apply
Please apply and submit your resume through https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/357073.
- Date Posted: September 22, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00 a.m.-5 p.m.