Austin Peay State University
Senior Director of University Events & Engagement
Austin Peay State University
The Senior Director of University Events & Engagement is responsible for the planning, implementing, and managing of high-impact and strategic, academic, alumni, donor, prospect, and family events and programming for the Austin Peay State University President.
This position serves a critical role as ambassador for the University, building strong and sustained relationships with all constituent groups and engaging them in meaningful ways with the life of the University.
The position reports and works closely with the Vice President for Alumni, Engagement, and Philanthropy to develop comprehensive strategies and innovative ways to identify and engage specific audiences; deepen relationships between the University and its constituents.
The person in this role will develop, prioritize, and grow engagement initiatives; design and implement systems for facilitating an audience-centric experience; and direct staff as necessary to accomplish goals in the areas under their supervision. This position is critical to creating, sustaining, strengthening, and shaping constituency partnerships. The person in this role works with donors and alumni in establishing endowments, grants, and gifts to the University. Accurate budgeting and supervisory skills are key characteristics of the person in the role.
Austin Peay State University (APSU) is a vibrant and student-centered public institution located in Clarksville, Tennessee. With a rich history dating back to 1927, APSU is committed to providing high-quality educational experiences and fostering a diverse and inclusive learning community.
- Oversee high-level University events, annual donor events, President’s Office events, academic events, special college-wide anniversaries, and celebrations relating to specific initiatives as needed.
- Serve as the primary contact for the University on major events taking place.
- Responsible for the management of all event logistics and the development of event planning.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the events team, providing strategic guidance and creative direction for all events produced through the Division of Alumni, Engagement, and Philanthropy to ensure all events meet presidential standards.
- Responsible for the event activities surrounding campaigns for the University. Serves as a liaison for the Division of Alumni, Engagement, and Philanthropy in order to maintain the mission of the campaign and presidential standard at all campaign events.
- Conceptualize and produce engagement, stewardship, and cultivation events/programs with alumni, families, donors, and prospects.
- Develop and maintain highly professional standards and procedures for the production of events in keeping with the image and reputation of the University.
- Manage budgets and vendors for all events and programs as assigned.
- Contribute to event promotion and marketing in collaboration with colleagues, leveraging digital tools and platforms, including web and social media.
- Inform and update staff members and other involved parties throughout the event process to ensure alignment across campus.
- Develop strategic partnerships with faculty/staff across campus and the community to make proactive plans for the cadence of events in a given year and include all key stakeholders in the planning process.
- Foster lasting relationships between the University and its constituents and establish a structured, systematic program of engagement opportunities that will ensure perpetual cordial relations with donors, alumni, students, parents, friends, and volunteers. Special emphasis on military protocols.
- Support and promote constituents’ active participation in University events and activities.
- Build and maintain connections with the local community by attending events, meetings and serving on various boards and/or community organizations as appropriate.
- Develop and manage volunteer engagement programs that identify, engage, and cultivate strong volunteer relationships with the University (President’s Emerging Leaders Program Mentorship).
- Support the planning and implementation of the University’s fundraising events to raise support for student scholarships.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of three (3) years of work experience in event planning, alumni programming, fundraising, sales, and marketing in a related field.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Proven communication skills.
APSU offers competitive benefits and wellness options, including health, dental, vision, educational assistance, and paid parental leave.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: August 22, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 09/11/2023
- Working Hours: 8:00-4:30