Senior Director of Development & Communications
Monroe Harding is committed to viewing and interacting with young people from a Trauma Informed perspective. Staff understand normal and trauma-impacted brain development and interact with youth in ways that encourage and restore normal brain functioning. Staff are curious about “what happened to the youth to cause current behavior” and work with them uniquely based upon their developmental level. Focus is on providing a safe and stable environment that encourages learning from mistakes and celebrating small advances in behavior or thought process. Staff models healthy emotional regulation skills, flexibility in working with others, and effective restoration of relationships after issues arise.
The Senior Director of Development & Communications is a member of the agency’s senior management team and responsible under the direction of the President & CEO for planning, coordinating, and implementing the agency’s development, marketing, communications, and volunteer support services efforts. Development efforts include special events, annual appeals, and church, corporate, individual, in-kind, and private foundation giving. Specific duties include directly building and maintaining donor relationships; leading and training staff and volunteers in donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship best practices; supervising assigned staff; assisting with planning of Annual Report, annual fundraisers and other events; ensuring that budgeted goals are met; and, securing funding for special non-recurring projects.
Marketing and communications efforts include raising public awareness and telling the story of Monroe Harding by creating strong, compelling messaging and collateral materials for use by staff and volunteers in their communications about the organization and in marketing and fundraising initiatives for all the agency’s programs and services to create a cohesive brand.
- Maintains oversight and actively participates in all fundraising activities including major giving, grants, special events, direct mail appeals, corporate partnership initiatives.
- Serves as a public representative of the agency, including cultivating relationships with community members, including prospective volunteers and supporters to build awareness of and commitment to Monroe Harding’s work
- Leads agency’s efforts to build and maintain donor relationships
- Develops strategies for existing and prospective donors to effectively move them through a meaningful cycle of giving
- Oversees the development, submission, and retention of grant request for funds from private foundations, corporations, and churches
- Informs potential contributors of special needs of institution, and encourages individuals, corporations, and foundations to establish or contribute to special funds through endowments, trusts, donations of gifts-in-kind, or bequests, conferring with attorneys to establish methods of transferring funds to benefit both donors and the agency
Marketing and Communications
- In conjunction with the CEO, develop and implement an integrated external strategic communications plan to advance brand identity, broaden awareness of programs and services, increase the visibility and priority of programs among key stakeholder audiences.
- Create marketing/public relations/communications strategy that supports and are consistent with MH cause, mission, and vision.
- Creates and communicates MH’s core messages to ensure organization consistency.
- Proactively provide innovation across all communication vehicles and provide competitive insight into communications and branding strategies.
- Oversee the development and management of all online and social media communications vehicles.
- Develop a strategy to broaden awareness of the organization and its mission.
- Set standards for and create a cohesive image and message for print and all offline communication vehicles including but not limited to:
- Annual Report
- Brochures and information kits
- Forms, flyers, promotions and other collateral materials
- Ensure that all promotional materials are aligned with company’s brand identity
- Communicate MH’s core messages to ensure organizational consistency
- Develop focused marketing initiatives, in conjunction with CEO and Program Sr. Directors/Directors, to support each program’s goals and needs, while keeping a consistent message for the organization.
- Oversees creative design for the organization’s marketing & promotional materials and fundraising campaigns to ensure consistency and heighten impact.
- Oversee production of video content
- Write content for radio and print ads
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for advertising
Volunteer Support Services
- Oversee all volunteer recruitment and retention efforts and work to ensure volunteer opportunities coincide with program needs.
- Develop measurable goals for volunteer services.
- Partner with churches, businesses, organizations, and individuals to create meaningful relationships and opportunities for involvement.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; preferably a Master’s degree in a related field or business or 5 years of experience with increasing responsibility in nonprofit fundraising and/or marketing/communications.
Must embrace the mission of Monroe Harding
Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
Strong interpersonal and writing skills
Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques
Ability to work with diverse groups of people
Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving skills
Familiarity with planned giving programs
Integrity and Trust
Written and Verbal Communication
Applicants must pass thorough background check and drug screen. Must have valid Tennessee driver’s license.
Additionally, The Diana Screen® is administered to all potential applicants to help ensure that ethical boundaries between children and adults are maintained. At Monroe Harding, the safety and protection of the youth who have been entrusted to us is our #1 priority.
Long Term Disability
Option to enroll in Short-term Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance
Generous Paid Time Off Package
Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply
Think you are interested in joining our team? Please submit a resume and cover letter to Evelyn Tidman at email@example.com. Please list the position for which you are applying in the cover letter.
Monroe Harding is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Date Posted: February 24, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services