Senior Development Manager
The Senior Development Manager at JDRF Tennessee will serve as the annual fundraising campaign manager for the entire state with a focus on donor retention and growth. Managing relationships in Middle and East TN as well as signature events in Knoxville, the position will require quarterly travel with the main office in Brentwood, TN. The Senior Development Manager will work closely with a team of nine to collectively achieve strategic goals.
- Develop and oversee a statewide annual fundraising campaign plan. Responsible for meeting an annual revenue target by working with an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects and leading a team of other gift officers.
- Partner with the Executive Director and national partners to develop strategies to exceed goals; serve as a mentor to less experienced team members and resource in the areas of retention and strengthening donor relationships.
- Manage a portfolio of supporters in Middle and East TN; identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective donors in expanding their financial support. Develop aggregate donor management plans resulting in primarily phone interaction and local face-to-face solicitation.
- Meet statewide leads activation and retention goals; manage statewide match gift process.
- Support revenue goals for Knoxville Gala and Knoxville OneWalk through sponsorship and table sales and P2P coaching of Walk teams.
- Develop prospects through community engagement and events in Knoxville and East TN region; manage event planners and volunteers.
- Retain a solid understanding of JDRF’s mission and research progress.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required; ensure confidentiality and security of all proprietary information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree highly desirable.
- Experience: Minimum five sales and/or fundraising experience required. Experience in qualifying donors through donor discovery and proven success with straightforward requests.
- Experience in a team-based, cross-functional work environment with effective and respectful communication as a top priority.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences. Excellent organizational, verbal and written skills required with a high level of diplomacy. Effectively multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment. Excellent research, follow-through, problem-solving and presentation skills. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
- Knowledge of office systems: MS-Office and Salesforce CRM.
- Travel: Requires frequent travel within the Region. The amount will vary depending upon size and geography of region. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 12 paid holidays including winter break (week between Christmas and New Years)
- 3 days personal time off
- Long and short term disability
How to Apply
- Date Posted: August 1, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Other
- Salary Range: Market
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk