Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Section 8 Rental Assistance Portability/Fraud Prevention Coordinator
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
SECTION 8 RENTAL ASSISTANCE PORTABILITY/FRAUD PREVENTION COORDINATOR
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS THURSDAY, JUNE 10, 2021 AT 11:59PM
Division: Section 8 Rental Assistance
Reports to: Assistant Director of Section 8 Rental Assistance
Salary Grade: 32
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $3,710
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Primarily responsible for assisting with key Section 8 Rental Assistance (S8RA) Division functions by handling incoming and outgoing portability related activities, fraud prevention, conducting training, and providing back up to field office staff for the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program according to the requirements of the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and THDA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform required incoming and outgoing portable billing functions related to annual and interim eligibility determinations based on changes in participant income, assets, expenses, family composition, and approved rental increases or decreases.
- Respond to written and verbal portability requests/inquiries from participants, landlords, and Housing Authorities
- Maintain and monitor program participant files and records in compliance with established portability policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive portability data for statistical and reporting purposes
- Review and keep updated on all rules and regulations concerning HCV Portability
- Using the HUD EIV System analyze information to identify discrepancies and to resolve and recapture HAP revenue
- Research HCV fraud claims and respond to inbound fraud related calls from representatives when calls escalate.
- Identity fraudulent activity for determining repayment agreement balances
- Facilitate escalation of fraud claims to management team and offer recommendations to clear debts owed reports and protect against future fraud
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert to office staff
- Attends meetings and training as required
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required; relevant post high school certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least one year of experience in federal, state, or local housing program, property management, or other related field.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Ability to handle private, personal information in a confidential manner in compliance with the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. 552a, as amended).
- Excellent training skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Treats people with dignity, respect, and compassion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively.
- Consistently meets deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Current, valid driver’s license from domicile state and the ability to drive.
- Occasional in-state travel, including overnight travel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: May 28, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: $3,710