Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Section 8 Rental Assistance Emergency Housing Voucher Manager
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
SECTION 8 RENTAL ASSISTANCE EMERGENCY HOUSING VOUCHER MANAGER
(FULL-TIME LONG-TERM TEMPORARY)
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 5, 2022 AT 11:59PM
Division: Section 8 Rental Assistance
Reports to: Section 8 Rental Assistance Manager
Full-time/Part-time: Full-time Long-Term Temporary
Salary Grade: 34
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $4,091
FLSA Classification: Exempt (03)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the management, supervision of staff, and operation of Emergency Housing Voucher (EHV), program initiatives; provides technical support to division leadership. Also responsible for implementation of the systems related to Emergency Housing Voucher (EHV) programs and statistical data; assists with Grantee partnerships and landlord cultivation and outreach according to the requirements of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Tennessee Housing Development Agency (THDA).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly supervises staff; interviews, makes hiring recommendations, and trains employees; makes assignments and monitors work; develops employee skills and encourages growth and development; reviews and evaluates employee performance; addresses workplace issues and provides guidance, coaching, and disciplinary measures for staff; addresses personnel issues in conjunction with appropriate leadership and the Human Resources division.
- Maintains current and accurate knowledge of program policies and procedures.
- Provides ongoing feedback to Division Director and other relevant members of the Division related to staff performance, client satisfaction and program results.
- Assures compliance with all program rules and other state and federal regulations.
- Develops and implements voucher issuance goals.
- Runs and reviews computer-generated month-end reports, ensuring the accuracy of housing assistance payments.
- Leads and/or assists with Emergency Housing Voucher (EHV) Grant Coordination activities; ensures that Grantees adhere to EHV framework and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each applicant.
- Provides feedback on EHV program risks/ issues and provides solutions where applicable.
- Conducts research on EHV program business requirements, constructing workflow charts and process flow diagrams; does follow up work at Director’s discretion with office managers and staff to ensure compatibility with program needs.
- Uses Grants Management System (GMS) to maintain and monitor program records for processing reimbursements in compliance with established EHV policies and procedures
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive EHV data for statistical and reporting purposes
- Reviews and remains updated on all rules and regulations concerning EHV Program
- Provides program oversight for processing of EHV Service Fee claims from Grantees using the GMS
- Uses the GMS System to analyze information to identify discrepancies and to resolve and recapture Service Fees
- Management of EHV fraud claims from representatives when calls escalate.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; relevant post high school certification required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least six months of experience in federal, state, or local housing program, property management, or other related field.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Ability to handle private, personal information in a confidential manner in compliance with the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. 552a, as amended).
- Excellent training skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Treats people with dignity, respect, and compassion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively.
- Consistently meets deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Current, valid driver’s license from domicile state and the ability to drive.
- Occasional in-state travel, including overnight travel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
State of Tennessee positions that may involve driving responsibilities require candidates to meet the following minimum driver qualifications:
- A valid driver’s license
- For the past five years, the candidate’s driving record must not have record of the following violations: driving under the influence (DUI), reckless driving, license suspension for moving violations, more than 4 moving violations
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: December 20, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: $4,091