Special Kids Therapy & Nursing Center
Schedules appointments for patients by telephone or in person .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedules appointments and enters appointment information into electronic medical record system.
- Maintains accurate patient waiting list records including hold, new patient wait list, attendance holds and monthly holds.
- Calls and schedules monthly OT, OT-feeding, PT, ST, ST-feeding appointments.
- Calls patients to schedule and confirm therapy, evaluations and monthly appointments.
- Returns phone calls and texts in a timely and professional manner.
- Initiates filling open therapy appointments to maintain full therapy schedules across disciplines.
- Mails correspondence to patients regarding appointments.
- Assists with faxing patient orders and documentation to physicians.
- Assists with maintaining current appointment available sheets and documentation for all patients, including faxing and scanning orders.
- Assists with other medical office needs, including registering patients and receiving payments for services provided.
- Work in cooperation with the rest of administrative/front office staff when necessary to keep the incoming fax cue at a reasonable level, routing and labeling documents accordingly.
- Primarily responsible, but will work in cooperation with the rest of administrative/front office staff, for ensuring documents sent out for physician signature are returned in a timely manner.
- Will maintain an awareness of patients, with the assistance of billing, with past-due balances to enforce our financial policy. The central scheduler may place patients on hold until payment plans have been established in accordance with policy.
- Attends meetings and conferences and participates in other activities to promote professional growth.
- Assists with placing orders for, and maintaining inventory of, all office supplies.
- Assists with kitchen duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) minimum; related experience and/or training within a medical office required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office software and the ability to learn new software and web-based applications such as electronic medical records. Experience with electronic medical records system preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
None required; CPR certification recommended.
Full-time (40 hours per week); Benefits; Paid Time Off
How to Apply
Please visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/245721
- Date Posted: February 25, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hr/week