Catholic Charities of TN
Safe Release Program Coordinator
Catholic Charities of TN
Oversees digital fingerprint screening program for sponsors seeking custody of unaccompanied minors. Activities include direct supervision of Program Specialists in Nashville, Tullahoma, and Columbia, TN; creating distribution materials noting county resources and schools; provision of back-up services for Specialists as needed; gathering data and outcome information; and ensuring compliance with all program guidelines and reporting requirements.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of federal contracts and updates for Safe Release Program and participate in trainings and conference calls to ensure that services meet funder expectations and requirements.
- Adhere to programmatic and contractual timelines for provision of services, including accurate reporting required by Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) and Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services (LIRS).
- Supervise Safe Release staff including individual and team meetings, evaluations, and approval of timesheets. Adjusts work hours as needed to ensure adequate staffing and safety in evening and weekend work hours.
- Document all services and activities and ensure all client files are accurate, complete, and up to date.
- Create informational materials on specific county schools, social service organizations, and other assistance resources.
- Maintain the digital fingerprint machine through proper care and reporting of any technical issues.
- Gather and compile accurate data to ensure timely completion of reports.
- Comply with the “Rules of Behavior for the HHS Digital Fingerprinting System” and the “Safe Release Support Program Manual.”
- May serve as an interpreter when language skills are applicable for case services.
- Conform with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information in compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet program needs
- Hire, train and provide oversight to the Safe Release Program staff.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College degree required or 3 years’ experience in a supervisory position.
- Prefer candidates with prior experience working across cultures.
- Prior experience collecting data and compiling reports for funders or agency leadership.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Superior computer skills including knowledge of Excel (create spreadsheets, sort, drop down menus, formulas, look up tables, etc.) and Access or another database. Ability to sort and file document alphabetically and numerically.
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, curtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Ability to maintain confidential nature of the position.
- Must be accurate, detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks.
- Must have good time management skills
- Must possess superior listening skills and be patient.
- Must read, write, and speak English and Spanish fluently.
- Must have the ability to work in partnership with other team members.
- Attentive to detail.
- Mature and reliable.
Full time benefits.
How to Apply
Competitive salary based upon qualifications. Please email resume and cover letter to: Nichole Dingman, HR Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: June 3, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk